Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 111647 times)

2019-06-11, 18:37:59
Reply #495

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Anyone getting a crash on clean up after render? I havent had that issue for a couple of versions but it has raised its ugly head again with the latest build?!

2019-06-11, 20:32:46
Reply #496

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone getting a crash on clean up after render? I havent had that issue for a couple of versions but it has raised its ugly head again with the latest build?!
I have the same problem, sometimes.

2019-06-12, 09:21:38
Reply #497

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have the same problem, sometimes.

As usual please can you provide minidumps and scenes? Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan

Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-06-14, 15:43:01
Reply #498

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I wonder why for some, image upscale factor is set to other than 1.0 by default. So much clueless users in the forum.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-06-14, 16:29:54
Reply #499

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

It takes its default value from the windows scaling settings.. I guess this is what's causing the confusion.

We're looking into a way to make this better/clearer.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-06-14, 23:48:55
Reply #500

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone getting hangups in interactive in v4 ? For us the performance on rather simple test scene is much much worse compared to v3.
It also restarts on some strange circumstances like going deeper in the shader tree in mat editor...

2019-06-17, 09:41:38
Reply #501

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone getting hangups in interactive in v4 ? For us the performance on rather simple test scene is much much worse compared to v3.
It also restarts on some strange circumstances like going deeper in the shader tree in mat editor...
Hi,

Are you able to provide your scene and if possible a short video which describes the hangups?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-06-17, 11:15:19
Reply #502

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rowan. i just had a similar experience in the weekend. Here's what I did:
- Opened an old file (from Corona v1,7) - about 99mb uncompressed.
- Corona didn't show any warnings (regarding displacement etc.), so I manually reset the renderer to default settings, and then changes UHD to Path Tracing.
- Pressed "Render" and it rendered fine.
- Then I started IR and the system hang (frozen white window)
- After around 15 min I force closed Max.

After that I tried 2 times to open the file again and use IR times with the same result (frozen white window, with "not responding" message).

Can't give the file ATM, but here's some details: 3dsMax v2014, Corona v4, Windows 10 PRO, the file contained Laubwerk trees (updated to latest version), the scene was lit by an EXR.

Hope it helps to find the culprit :)

Regards

2019-06-17, 19:18:10
Reply #503

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Are you able to provide your scene and if possible a short video which describes the hangups?

Thanks,

Rowan

Sure as soon as I will have a spare moment I will send you the scene Rowmanns. Any Microsoft Visual C++ update recommended while updating to v4 ? We are constantly getting cascading "Runtime errors!" on slave machines while rendering? That wasn't happening on v3 ?

2019-06-18, 10:34:07
Reply #504

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks, I will look forward to receiving the scene. There shouldn't be a need for an visual C++ updates, I can recommend ensuring that your version of Windows and all drivers are up to date though.

Regarding the errors on slave machines, would you be able to provide me with the logs or of the errors? Could you also confirm which versions of Max and Windows you are using, as well as any 3rd party plugins or apps which you are using to render.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-06-18, 11:14:35
Reply #505

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Could I ask you to try a possible workarond for the freezing/crashing on cleanup.

Could you render the scene without B&G enabled and save your output to a CXR. Once it is saved can you then open the CXR in Corona Image Editor and recompute the B&G there.

Please let me know if this helps avoid the freezes on cleanup.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-06-20, 12:15:19
Reply #506

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel

Hi,

Could I ask you to try a possible workarond for the freezing/crashing on cleanup.

Could you render the scene without B&G enabled and save your output to a CXR. Once it is saved can you then open the CXR in Corona Image Editor and recompute the B&G there.

Please let me know if this helps avoid the freezes on cleanup.

Thanks,

Rowan

OK will do.

2019-06-20, 12:47:23
Reply #507

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Anyone having any issues with DR? everything has worked perfectly up until the latest build and now it keeps parsing the scene in DR and then comes up red with connection failed? Both machines see each other but keeps timing out. Never had this before. Any ideas?

2019-06-20, 13:01:55
Reply #508

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone having any issues with DR? everything has worked perfectly up until the latest build and now it keeps parsing the scene in DR and then comes up red with connection failed? Both machines see each other but keeps timing out. Never had this before. Any ideas?

Just to ask the obvious and make sure - did you update Corona and DR on all the slave machines so they have exactly the same version of Corona installed? Also, by "latest build" do you mean "Final released version"? And other thought, be sure firewalls are set to allow the connections through (not impossible there's been an update to the firewall, or that the updated Corona needs some sort of update to your settings depending on how it was set up to let it through).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-06-20, 13:25:39
Reply #509

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel

Just to ask the obvious and make sure - did you update Corona and DR on all the slave machines so they have exactly the same version of Corona installed? Also, by "latest build" do you mean "Final released version"? And other thought, be sure firewalls are set to allow the connections through (not impossible there's been an update to the firewall, or that the updated Corona needs some sort of update to your settings depending on how it was set up to let it through).

Yes, both machines have the final released version. I thought the firewall may be an issue but switched it all off and still no luck. One question when installing the latest release would that update everything, DR included as I do not install manually but just hit update on both machines?

Its Ironic that I found Corona to be so much faster in achieving good results but now find I spend twice as long trying to figure out how to work around all the bugs.