Author Topic: exterior with some animation  (Read 5023 times)

2013-06-24, 08:45:45

Danis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so, we have this, and i will try to make some animation.
i used bidir/VCM method, because with pt+pt and pt+HD animation become flicking. in bidir noise is identical on every frame. only problem - speed of rendering and fireflies, even if i set max sample intensity to 1.0. maybe someone knows how to make rendering faster and remove fireflies. what settings are correct to render animation?

2013-06-24, 10:01:00
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
PT+PT can not flicker... The mistake was probably somewhere else. And also PT+PT should be a lot faster, especially in this scenario.

2013-06-24, 10:03:05
Reply #2

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
PT+PT can not flicker... The mistake was probably somewhere else. And also PT+PT should be a lot faster, especially in this scenario.

Assuming you use correct sampler, PT+PT should have identical noise per frame too. And MSI 1 is way too low, 10 is probably the minimum that should be used.

I bed you just had some reflective materials and forgot to disable sun visibility for reflections and refractions. And then you did ridiculous workarounds to resolve the issue ;)

So:

1, Make new empty scene with default settings and Corona Alpha V5 and leave every render setting at default

2, Create daylight system in that newly created scene and adjust exposure

3, In CoronaSun settings, disable visibility to reflections and refractions

4, Merge all the scene objects from your exterior scene into this new scene

5, It should render properly, assuming you do not have some crazy materials in there ;)
« Last Edit: 2013-06-24, 10:06:10 by Rawalanche »

2013-06-25, 12:52:49
Reply #3

Danis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you.

all materials are quite simple. no bump, no displace. just diffuse color/bitmap and reflect/refract color

at the moment there are just hdri in environment slot without corona sky, because i want clouds :)

also, parsing the scene (5:49) and structure build (3:31) become slow after adding about 20 animated cars (they are summary about 6 millions of triangles). just 5 objects to car (body and 4 instanced wheels), with multimaterial to about 20 simply materials to car  without any bump or displace. before that it was about 3 minutes in total. there are about 60 millions of polygons in scene.. so i do not thought that +- 6 millions will play role.

after that  i reduced  polycount of scene by lowering number of instances in forest, and again saw bug with coronascatter, but now it become on frame wich has been setted in animation. you can see it in first gif.

also i changed algorithm to pt+pt. noise is realy identical. i don`t know why i thought differently oO. but.. in second gif i marked strange place.

2013-06-25, 13:49:48
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
If the noise is really more stable with bidir, then it is probably a bug.

Also, your scene is so complex there can be many things that could go wrong. I can not really tell at this point as only by creating scene carefully from scratch you can avoid problems. People always just throw everything together and hope renderer will handle it. Then it mostly does, but with extreme rendertimes. If you are careful about what you do, you are usually rewarded with stable and quick scenes.

2013-06-25, 14:40:15
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
you can send me the scene if you like, and I'll look into it when I get back from siggraph
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-27, 14:14:00
Reply #6

Danis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have time to prepare the scene until July 5. then I'm leaving for vacation in sunny Kamchatka :) Rendering takes that month. I`l came back 3.08.13 and send scene for tests. 15 + PT PT passes for preview take about 1.5 minutes. the rest - about 9 minutes takes scene parsing and structure build. maybe it is possible to make, for example, parsing the scene one time at the start of the rendering? or reduce time for prepare the scene in some other way.

also I will remove trees and the grass, which will not be visible once the camera will be animated.

I tried to do everything neat and simple. but may have missed something somewhere. No one is immune from this.