Author Topic: Request 3 - Automatic add light on light mix  (Read 849 times)

2023-07-19, 10:06:03

3daltm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
its was cool, if the light was added automatic on light mix, just the ligh visible layer. disregarding to generate corona interatcive lightmix setup when create new lights. and i think this can be good for less ram.
I ussually have a lot of diferent sun  light by camara, this can be cool.
thanks
good job

2023-07-19, 15:02:07
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I don't fully understand what you mean here. Could you please explain? Maybe showing some screenshots of what you are doing would help?
If you mean automatically adding lights to LightMix, then what if someone creates 500 lights? I don't think that would be very good for RAM. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-07-19, 15:15:59
Reply #2

3daltm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i talk something like vray, in vray when you create a light, autimatically go to light mix.
Corona render you have to genrate to put on light mix.

2023-07-21, 15:54:05
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You don't have to regenerate the lightmix, you can just manually add any new lights to your chosen Light Select. That latter is the question - if you have 10 Light Selects set up, and you add a new light, how is Corona to know which Light Select to add it to? The expected process is to complete most of the light set up before using autogeneration, then only a few stray lights may get added and it's easy enough to add those manually to the Light Select of your choosing.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-07-21, 16:06:19
Reply #4

3daltm

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-07-21, 16:07:46
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If you could explain what current behavior you would like to improve and how, then we may be able to log a feature request or share a solution/workaround. Otherwise it is hard to understand what exactly you are requesting.
Also, please note that any new light you create will automatically end up in the "rest" LightMix element. So you could say that new lights are "automatically added to lightmix".
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-07-21, 16:52:58
Reply #6

3daltm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the problam is that,  the new light  automatically go  to light mix "rest",  and not with yor name on the light mix, you canĀ“t control this light independent.
unless you do "generate". its great if exist an option to activate  the "automaticallty go to light mix" the scene lights, with your names to control independetly.
Sometimes I forget to generate and then at the end of the render I can't control it independently.
On Vray when you create a new light you dont need to generate light mix, it go to light mix automatically.

2023-07-21, 17:03:33
Reply #7

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had request the same feature
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=39148.msg208837#msg208837
Here you can find an example of the desired behavior on Lightmix

2023-07-26, 15:21:06
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team