Author Topic: Random map for Tiles  (Read 1845 times)

2022-09-27, 03:04:30

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile

In corona multimap, could inlcude an option "by tiles" that can be used with Tilemap of 3dsmax. Please! Its horrible to use floorgen everytime qith innecesary lot of geometry, or need to go to substance for a simple thing that corona can have resolved since lo of time. Many thanks

2022-09-27, 03:06:41
Reply #1

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And include it in coronaUVWrandomize too, to aboid use multimap when you use only a big map that can spread in differents UV parts for every tile

2022-09-27, 05:48:54
Reply #2

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I think Multitexture plugged into Bercontiles would get you what you're after.  Not that it wouldn't be great to have Corona implement this.  But in the meantime maybe it helps you?

2022-09-27, 13:32:36
Reply #3

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes but some renderfarms dont accept Bercontiles, and its not necessary to have bercontiles if you got a "random for tile" in corona multimap. Avoid having hundred plugins for everything and have it all in the same one, its better for production.

Its a easy thing that can be fixed since a lot of years cause tiles is a thing that everybody uses. I dont understand wy exist a complex and less used thing like a "random by Sub-primitive" or "random by Material Gbuffer ID", and doesnt exist a "random by tiles" that is more primary and basic.

2022-10-06, 00:01:13
Reply #4

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Bercontiles still has issues with bump mapping from my experiences. An actual working map/plugin with good controls would be wonderful. The biggest criteria for me would be ability to control coursing per object, and proper returns/texture alignments at corner conditions. Not even sure if that one is possible by a map/plugin itself.

2022-11-06, 20:39:07
Reply #5

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So what about that? nobody of corona can say something? its so easy feature to include and it will be our lifes much better!