Author Topic: Bugatti Chiron "Les légendes du ciel"  (Read 1198 times)

2022-01-09, 14:55:45

Guillaume Taniere

• Active Users
  • High-end automotive visualization.
    • View Profile
    • upnorthstud.io
Hi guys! It is time to post this project here. Although you may have seen it before on my other socials in this case this is no surprise! 😅

It is all about the special edition 1 of 20 Bugatti Chiron "Les légendes du ciel". But it is also about my animation skills, as I'm starting with this. The last project with the studio Porsche 718 Spyder was a good start but only involved camera movement. Here I am taking it further with basic car animation, but also... Planes.

This special edition Chiron pays tribute to the the legendary French pilots. And you probably already seen the official Bugatti video with the Rafale fighter jet. But I thought it would be a great opportunity to take advantage of CGi to create something more fitting to the original concept of this special edition and bringing back to life these old WW1 planes which in the end creates a less brutal and more subtle/poetic tribute. But maybe it is just a matter of taste, I'll let you be your own judge and see for yourself.

The scene setup is pretty basic and do the trick, but in the end I think lack some background details. I went the optimized way with 2D and light geometry trees for background, with a fake vertical gradient to fake atmospheric fog. Which is obviously less resource intensive and allows my PC to not literally catch fire.

This is full CGI, no 2D elements were used except for the background. Render time was locked to 3 and 5 minutes per frame depending on shots. Rendered with Corona Renderer on a single Ryzen 5950X 16 cores / 64Go ram. The Bugatti 3D model is from Rexfu which I then modified to meet the specs of the Special Edition real car.

Behance project link : https://www.behance.net/gallery/134428819/Bugatti-Chiron-Les-lgendes-du-ciel
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/upnorthstud.io/

2022-01-09, 17:59:24
Reply #1

GraceKellyPerfect

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That last few seconds when plane rolls were exceptional, I tought it would crash into car at first. Great job with the sound design

2022-01-10, 13:50:47
Reply #2

Guillaume Taniere

• Active Users
  • High-end automotive visualization.
    • View Profile
    • upnorthstud.io
That last few seconds when plane rolls were exceptional, I tought it would crash into car at first. Great job with the sound design

Thank you ! The sound design was not that easy as I couldn't record samples myself. The car's engine sounds could be even better but it still turned out pretty good in the end I think.

2022-01-11, 10:01:16
Reply #3

Double Optics Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Double Optics Studio
Love the video, great shots at the end.
Double Optics Studio

2022-01-26, 15:36:20
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Excellent work all around! I think my favorite part was the camera move through the window, hovering over the engine while seeing the spoiler deploy. Very nice indeed.