General Category > Hardware

RTX 3080 10 Ram X 3060 12 Ram

(1/1)

mvpetropolis:
hello friends, I needed your help on which is the best choice for the video card, I am purchasing a ryzen 5950 x and 64 GB of ram, my question about the card is between the rtx 3060 with 12 ram or the rtx 3080 with 10 ram, the 3080 is twice the price, and the question is is it worth paying twice as much for this 3080? Would I have such a better performance in 3ds max? And one is 12 ram and the other 10 ram in this case does that have any difference?

romullus:
If it's only about 3ds Max and Corona, then more VRAM is better choice then higher speed, but most likely you will also use other applications where raw power of GPU is more important, so take that into account as well. I recently built very similarly specced machine and was choosing between 3060 12GB and 3060 TI 8GB. I chose former, because for me difference in performance wasn't big enough to justify reduced VRAM and increased price.

mvpetropolis:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2023-02-03, 10:20:37 ---If it's only about 3ds Max and Corona, then more VRAM is better choice then higher speed, but most likely you will also use other applications where raw power of GPU is more important, so take that into account as well. I recently built very similarly specced machine and was choosing between 3060 12GB and 3060 TI 8GB. I chose former, because for me difference in performance wasn't big enough to justify reduced VRAM and increased price.

--- End quote ---
oops, thanks in advance for your attention, I even intend to use it in the future in other software like Unreal but my focus right now is the corona I think that for those who have a 1070 ti like me it will take a big leap, and do you think that the 3060 12 vram does it improve performance a lot to use in corona interactive? I think this is fundamental for me when choosing between 3060 12 vram and 3080 10 vram..

romullus:
For Corona interactive your GPU choice is irrelevant. For rendering Corona uses CPU only, no matter interactive or not. The only thing where it uses GPU, is real-time AI denoising, but for that even your old 1070 TI is more than enough. In other words, you would most likely not see any difference in Corona if you'd use GTX 960, or RTX 4090

TomG:
Yep GPU is of no impact as far as Corona is concerned - I used a 980 Ti quite happily for years, til about 4 months ago or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version