General Category > Hardware

Threadripper 5975wx VS 3990x

<< < (3/3)

danio1011:
I've wondered about the Epyc too but can never find any information about what it would take to build a 2 CPU node\workstation. There must be constraints that make it less popular.

I'm still curious about the intel 13900k chip and whether or not the high single core speed affects day-to-day single thread workflow.  I haven't seen anyone make a comparison between that and a 39xx chip when it comes to workstation performance. 

Robwan:
I've done some further testing:

We have 2 3990x in the office and 1 3970x. I ran corona benchmark and the scores roughly align with the middle of the pack when looking at user submitted results which is good to know. Ours are not overlocked or anything, just vanilla.

By that logic and using the middle of the pack scores from the user submitted results:

* 3990x is about 1.67x faster than a 3970x
* 3990x is about 1.47x faster than a 5975wx
* 5975wx is about 1.13x faster than a 3970x
I would give or take about 0.1 though since the difference of even a second can change the result that much. Except for the 5975x vs 3970x, I would expect the 5975x to always be faster by about 10-15% (as Nejc Kilar suggested). Also those people who are scoring under 14 seconds with a 3990x please tell us how you are overclocking them, talk about getting the most out of your money. 💸

Welp, this is good enough for me for now, Thanks everyone. I'll stick with getting the absolute weapon 3990x (while continuing to research epyc in the background hehe)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version