Author Topic: Help! issue with the displacement texture  (Read 817 times)

2023-01-08, 09:58:49

Evine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys! Did anyone met the issue that the edge of the tiles looks so jagged after inserting an displacement texture?

Could anybody help me with that ?

2023-01-08, 10:36:37
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is common issue with a low - 8bit - maps use without sufficient underlying geometry.
To solve it, you need more detail, either using higher, 16- or 32- bitmaps, or subdividing the base geometry, or both.

Check:

2023-01-08, 12:38:18
Reply #2

Evine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is common issue with a low - 8bit - maps use without sufficient underlying geometry.
To solve it, you need more detail, either using higher, 16- or 32- bitmaps, or subdividing the base geometry, or both.

Check:

THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN, but to what extent exactly should I subdivide the geometry? I tried to subdevide the surface but it seems useless.
« Last Edit: 2023-01-08, 13:47:13 by Evine »

2023-01-08, 22:07:40
Reply #3

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys! Did anyone met the issue that the edge of the tiles looks so jagged after inserting an displacement texture?
burnin said everything right about 16/32 bit.
But other than that the jagged edges can be due to bad texture - sharp boundaries between white and black.
You can try smoothing the texture in Photoshop:  Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur...
However do not forget about Render Settings: Corona > Performance settings > Displacement / Screen size (px) - for example a value of 0.5 or less.

2023-01-09, 15:54:10
Reply #4

Evine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
burnin said everything right about 16/32 bit.
But other than that the jagged edges can be due to bad texture - sharp boundaries between white and black.
You can try smoothing the texture in Photoshop:  Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur...
However do not forget about Render Settings: Corona > Performance settings > Displacement / Screen size (px) - for example a value of 0.5 or less.
Thank you very much. Everything looks nice now after I changed the screen size to a lower value.:)