Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Clouds Improvements

(1/2) > >>

Tanner:
Hi Forum,

I had some thoughts about the clouds feature and while it's a magnificent addition, I believe there is still room for improvement (these three could've been separate posts and I will make it 3 posts if that is preferred):

* A seed modifier for the cirrus formations. I assume that the amount value just increases and decreases a texture's opacity for these clouds, but if they could be procedural, I think that would help with randomness and animations in the future.
* A saturation modifier. Not necessarily colour saturation but water saturation. The darker the clouds, the more water they're holding and the harder for light to pass through. This may increase render times but could offer an easier solution for finding the right kind of overcast or stormy scenarios rather than finding an HDRI with the wrong time of day.
* Lastly, better fullness control of the clouds when amount is set to 1.0. Even at 1.0, its not fully covered with some gaps in the cloudcover. Like a previous point, I assume that with complete/overcast coverage, it would slow down the rendering as everything would be in shadow, so perhaps a warning or a checkbox to enable complete cloud coverage?
Cheers!

Avi:
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. We have currently logged them in our system to be further reviewed by our devs. We will let you know if there would be any update on this.

(Internal ID=992878652)
(Internal ID=992849468)
(Internal ID=992846697)

Avi:
Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

For your request regarding changing the appearance of the clouds, can you let me know some examples or how do you aim to use this feature. Some relevant information would be better for us to understand what exactly you are after.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Dionysios.TS:

--- Quote from: Tannerjohnso1 on 2022-10-26, 15:34:37 ---Hi Forum,

I had some thoughts about the clouds feature and while it's a magnificent addition, I believe there is still room for improvement (these three could've been separate posts and I will make it 3 posts if that is preferred):

* A seed modifier for the cirrus formations. I assume that the amount value just increases and decreases a texture's opacity for these clouds, but if they could be procedural, I think that would help with randomness and animations in the future.
* A saturation modifier. Not necessarily colour saturation but water saturation. The darker the clouds, the more water they're holding and the harder for light to pass through. This may increase render times but could offer an easier solution for finding the right kind of overcast or stormy scenarios rather than finding an HDRI with the wrong time of day.
* Lastly, better fullness control of the clouds when amount is set to 1.0. Even at 1.0, its not fully covered with some gaps in the cloudcover. Like a previous point, I assume that with complete/overcast coverage, it would slow down the rendering as everything would be in shadow, so perhaps a warning or a checkbox to enable complete cloud coverage?
Cheers!

--- End quote ---

Cool ideas!

+1

Avi:
Hi,

{Clouds lighting now depends on the sun color intensity and direct input color settings (if selected in the sun properties)}

This feature was implemented in V10 Daily build. You can see how it works in this video: https://bit.ly/3g3HZlF

You can download the daily build from here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=38385.0

Note: The daily builds are the newest, experimental versions of Corona Renderer, intended mainly for testing purposes and to showcase the recently added features. They contain the latest bug fixes but are not guaranteed to be stable and, in some cases, can even damage scene files.

Check this link to know more about it: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528206493329-Corona-for-3ds-Max-Daily-Builds-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version