Author Topic: Post Production Workflow  (Read 877 times)

2022-09-22, 16:00:37

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

I have been working on a number of interior renders over the past few months, but I have been struggling with the post production side and what way will give me the best results.

I normally set up all my lights and separate them with light select. My render passes then have the beauty pass, reflect, refract, ID, bloom and glare, all of the different lights I use and the interactive light mix. I would then put this into photoshop where I would overlay the lights on the beauty and use screen mode and a slight bit of camera raw for the base pass. (Normally save all the passes from corona image editor as a JPG) But I haven't been sure what one to use as my base. The beauty pass or light-mix pass as my base render?

Any help on this or any other post production ways to get the best results would be supper helpful!!

Thanks again in advance!

2022-09-22, 18:24:31
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For full control in post, it would be 32 bit files you would save to, and you'd reassemble the LightSelects using Linear Add. They would not go on top of anything, as when combined in this way they give you the original LightMix result from the VFB (which replaces the Beauty if you have adjusted the LightMix in any way). You can then Tint the layers to change the light color, use Exposure to adjust the light's exposure, and so on.

Of course this is only for "technical accuracy" and any workflow that is giving you results you like is just fine :) In which case the answer on the base layer is "Whichever you prefer, you are already in artistic territory rather than physically realistic" :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-09-27, 15:34:01
Reply #2

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help! worked well over the weekend when I has some time to test around!

2022-09-27, 17:06:17
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Great to hear it worked out, and you are welcome, we're always happy to help!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us