Author Topic: Improved Surface color texmap  (Read 1271 times)

2022-07-26, 16:15:31

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Really enjoying Corona 8!

The Surface Color map is ok for very small objects, but it would be great if we could get the actual texture onto each instance, as opposed to just one single color.
Additionally, it would be good to have an opacity or blending mode, so we can mix the underlaying texture with the texture that each instance already has.
And finally a way to increase or decrease the size of the projected texture in real-world scale when applying a custom map.

Thank you.
Guido.

2022-07-26, 16:49:09
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi,

The last two requests are already possible. For the blending, you can use Corona mix, or other blend texmaps available in 3ds Max and for the real-world mapping there should be no issues, as it works like with any other geometry and bitmap combo.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-26, 18:15:03
Reply #2

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi, aha, can you please elaborate on the first point and put here some (ideally real-world) example?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2022-07-27, 15:43:11
Reply #3

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, aha, can you please elaborate on the first point and put here some (ideally real-world) example?

Hi Mike,

After testing it I find that there's really not much difference between projecting the bitmap and doing what the surface color map does.
Below I have one example of grass with a layered material and another with the new map. They're basically the same. So please, disregard my feature request :)

Thank you, and great job.

2022-07-27, 16:00:52
Reply #4

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Oh, great. :-) Thank you for looking into it. I am glad you like it. :-)
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload