Chaos Scatter > [Scatter] Feature Requests

Chaos Scatter playground

<< < (5/5)

TomG:
Thanks for confirming! Just removes any possible source of confusion, much appreciated :)

Yudi Nishi:

--- Quote from: maru on 2022-04-15, 09:54:41 ---
--- Quote from: josefane on 2022-04-14, 22:53:15 ---I can't use chaos scatter. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything several times and nothing solves it, whenever I click a message appears as if Chaos Scatter was not installed. How do I solve? I use 3ds max 2021

--- End quote ---

Please try this:

- Install Corona 8 using the standard installation method (or just do not uninstall it - the point is to have Corona installed)
- Run the installer again and pick the "unpack files" option - see this guide for more information: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4526313794065

- Go to the folder where your files were unpacked and then navigate to Chaos Corona\Chaos Group\
- Copy the whole "Scatter" folder into C:\Program Files\Chaos Group (so the resulting path will be C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Scatter)

- Go to the folder where your files were unpacked and then navigate to \Chaos Corona\Autodesk
- Go into the folder with the name of your 3ds Max version (e.g. if you are using 3ds Max 2022 go to the folder \Chaos Corona\Autodesk\3ds Max 2022)
- Copy the content of this folder ("plugins" and "UI_ln" folders)
- Go to your 3ds Max installation folder (e.g. in case of 3ds Max 2022 the default folder is C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2022)
- Paste the folders "plugins" and "UI_ln" into your 3ds Max folder (so the "plugins" and "UI_ln" have to be pasted into C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2022)

This is basically manual installation of the Scatter plugin.
Please let me know if it worked.

This is actually a workaround, and we should find out why it didn't work automatically in the first place.

--- End quote ---

Hey guys, wanted to add my contribution here: I've spent some hours trying to figure this out for me and for some students that are having the same problem and just found another workaround. I still have NO CLUE what is causing the problem though. While looking for the solution, I tested the Unpacking method described here and got the same result as "josefane". No chaos group folder appears. After some tries with admin mode, pausing Kasperky antivirus, and maaaaany other things, decided to test it on multiple computers and got to see with my own eyes that the "Unpacked chaos group folder" does actually exist. The problem is that, for reasons unknown to me, it either doesn't get a chance to be created on some machines or it gets deleted so fast you can't see it (don't know which), so I imagine the same thing is happening during the standard corona installation process.

THE WORKAROUND:
Restarted windows in safe mode + networking, (unpacked files first just to see if the "chaos group folder" appeared, and it did), installed corona through the usual method and restarted windows.
EDIT: I was always using the installer from https://corona-renderer.com/download by the way

brr:
Hello, hope this is the right topic for general questions about Chaos Scatter.

It looks like Chaos Scatter is build “cross-platform” now and it can work with Corona and Vray.

I have a small question about licensing:
-Is it possible to use Chaos Scatter if I only have Vray license active?

Thanks !

mike288:

--- Quote from: brr on 2022-05-02, 12:23:43 ---Hello, hope this is the right topic for general questions about Chaos Scatter.

It looks like Chaos Scatter is build “cross-platform” now and it can work with Corona and Vray.

I have a small question about licensing:
-Is it possible to use Chaos Scatter if I only have Vray license active?

Thanks !

--- End quote ---

Sure, but Chaos Scatter is not officially supported by V-Ray (yet). It might not work properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version