General Category > Hardware

Corona and Apple Silicon

<< < (2/2)

haffy:
This is very much interesting, I am about to buy a new computer and am using Mac today and love working in the Mac OS system. But the M1 has a limit of 16 GB and the results on the benchmarks are not that good. But the rumors are that there are good things comming in a couple of months. Very interesting this is.. *yoda*

John.McWaters:
Does anyone know would a 5950x stack up to one of the latest M1 Ultra chips in terms of rendering performance?

1equals2:

--- Quote from: John.McWaters on 2022-03-25, 17:41:49 ---Does anyone know would a 5950x stack up to one of the latest M1 Ultra chips in terms of rendering performance?

--- End quote ---

There is the first M1 Ultra result  with Corona Benchmark - 00:01:14.48.  A drop in the water of benchmark tests.
Until we see more results, it actually is even slower  than AMD Ryzen 5900x and more likely to match  i7, latest 12 gen.
i9 12th gen and AMD Ryzen 5950x are definitely quicker than the M1 Ultra, at least when it comes to the Corona Benchmark results.

TomG:
Any M1 results would be run under emulation (Rosetta) though since the benchmark isn't Apple native, which would make it slower than it could be ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version