Author Topic: Light Mat. - Include/Exclude not working - FIXED  (Read 11202 times)

2020-10-07, 10:11:38

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I'm running into a problem with the light material.
Since we still can't use textures in Corona Lights we're forced to use the light material with meshes.

Now my problem with the material is, that I can't get the include/exclude feature to work...
With the Corona Light that's no problem at all - objects in the exclude list are not affected by that light.
But no matter what I try with the light material (include or exclude, with or without texture applied, parametric or mesh objects) - all objects are affected all the time.

I'm not saying this can't be some user error that I just can't solve but it sure seems like a bug to me...

Any help/confirmation would be greatly appreciated!

BR,
Flo

Windows 10, Cinema R21.207, Corona 6.0
« Last Edit: 2020-10-07, 14:01:57 by WorkFlow »
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2020-10-07, 11:36:04
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

sorry that you're having issues. I don't seem to find the issue though. What version of Corona are you using? Is it possible to attach this scene in here, so I can investigate further?
See my picture attached, I don't see anything set up differently, yet the result differs.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2020-10-07, 11:46:39
Reply #2

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

sorry that you're having issues. I don't seem to find the issue though. What version of Corona are you using? Is it possible to attach this scene in here, so I can investigate further?
See my picture attached, I don't see anything set up differently, yet the result differs.

Thanks,
Jan

That's kinda what I was expecting, because I couldn't really find anything recently related on this forum...

I'm running Windows 10 with C4D R21.207 and Corona 6.0 - attached is that simple test-file.

2020-10-07, 13:42:29
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If I create a new plane in your scene and use the same Light Material, it works as expected (same if I turn the plane into an editable object). Was there anything unusual about how the "softbox" object was created that might make it different in some way? I tried deleting the user data from it, but it still didn't behave as expected. Does it work for you if you create a new plane to act as the softbox (even if just as a test)?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-10-07, 13:53:32
Reply #4

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

after some deep comparisons, I narrowed it down to "Tile" checkbox in the material Tag. In your project, Tile is unchecked, after checking it, Include/Exclude will work as expected. I'm not sure if this is a bug, will discuss with the devs.

Please, try and let me know.
Jan

2020-10-07, 14:01:32
Reply #5

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Big thanks to both of you! I'm already resuming work on that project!

As always I only unchecked "tile" to try something I didn't even need anyways in the end, so good to know that checkbox gave me the headache... :D

But still I'm glad I could unintentionally help tracking down a unknown bug!

2020-10-07, 15:51:08
Reply #6

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Yes, thank you for reporting. This is an issue that could possibly affect more things and we will look into it internally. I will move this to Resolved Bug Reports.

Thanks again,
Jan