Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Corona Multi Shader no randomisation

(1/2) > >>

monsieurblack:
Hi all

I'm hoping this is a simple question, but I was after a little help with the Corona Multi Shader please.

What I would like to do is to have the ability to choose whether the textures/colours within the Corona Multi Shader are either randomly assigned, which appears to be the default behaviour I'm currently experiencing, or alternatively for the textures/maps within to be assigned in 'order' across the objects within a Cloner.

Often having things randomly assigned is super useful and convenient but other times I have the need to for certain objects to be a particular colour in a more uniform or controllable manner - say for example, the shades 1-10 in the Multi Shader are assigned to the objects 1-10 that the Cloner object produces.

Then if I had say a grid of objects, 10 x 7 as example, that the next 60 textures/maps would be applied to the rest of the objects in sequence, left to right.

I hope that makes sense? But any control over the application of the textures instead of randomly would be a huge workflow boost.

Does the above provide enough information? Please let me know if there's any more detail I can add that would help to better explain.

Thanks in advance

monsieurblack:
Hi again

Just wondered if anyone had any input on the above please?

Not sure if what I’m asking is totally nuts or really simple lol. One of the extremes I imagine!

Maybe it’s not the multi shader I should be using and there’s another way/approach maybe?

monsieurblack:
Hi again all

This would be a massive help if anyone could kindly offer up and ideas around this please?

I'm not sure if what I'm asking is blindingly obvious or actually something potentially a little 'trickier' to setup? But either way I'd really appreciate any guidance on how I could control the distribution of a series of images across cloner objects please.

Thanks again

Cinemike:
Wouldn't the native C4D Multi Shader in Index Mode just do that?

houska:
Hi, this is an interesting request. I am afraid it's not possible using Corona Multi Shader. You could have some luck with what Cinemike suggests though...

What are you trying to achieve actually? I suppose you can't just group the objects into groups and assign the materials to those groups?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version