General Category > Learner’s Corner

Transportation Hub

(1/2) > >>

Centurian:
Here is what I got after trying quite a lot.

Regards,
Centurian

maru:
I like this image, but here are some things which caught my eye and I think could be improved:
-The lens flare effect - it hardly ever improves a work. I would vote to remove it completely. :)
-Bloom and glare - probably a bit too strong
-Materials of the ground plane - too reflective, lack structure
-Brick walls - the tiling is too obvious
-Spherical lights in the building - maybe they could use some detail, like a gradient map for the emission?

houska:
What caught my attention was that the car that we see from the back is so blurred when it should be pretty slow after the speed bump and in front of the pedestrian crossing.

Centurian:

--- Quote from: maru on 2018-03-22, 16:49:17 ---I like this image, but here are some things which caught my eye and I think could be improved:
-The lens flare effect - it hardly ever improves a work. I would vote to remove it completely. :)
-Bloom and glare - probably a bit too strong
-Materials of the ground plane - too reflective, lack structure
-Brick walls - the tiling is too obvious
-Spherical lights in the building - maybe they could use some detail, like a gradient map for the emission?

--- End quote ---

To be honest, I did the lens flare and overpowering bloom so as to distribute the focus in the image in order to hide the general shortcomings in the render lol. But the points you made are very well noted for the next renders. Don't know if vegetation caught your eye but it surely isn't satisfactory enough to me, especially when everything is of the same green tone. Leafs with translucency is what I'm trying to work on.
Regarding the brick tiling, is there any simple way to achieve the non uniformity without going much in the detail? like applying some sort of map onto it?

--- Quote from: houska on 2018-03-22, 17:07:31 ---What caught my attention was that the car that we see from the back is so blurred when it should be pretty slow after the speed bump and in front of the pedestrian crossing.

--- End quote ---

Hehe! I thought it would be hardly noticiable but seems pretty obvious now when you pointed it so easily. Will definitely keep that in mind now :)

Regards

apjasko:

--- Quote ---Regarding the brick tiling, is there any simple way to achieve the non uniformity without going much in the detail? like applying some sort of map onto it?
--- End quote ---

For bricks on large surfaces, I use BerconTile and it works great. You can control the variety using MultiTexture and just a single brick texture. To further add variety to the bricks, you can add a different BerconTile map to the reflection glossiness slot with different MultiTexture settings. And finally you can use the Bump Converter map to add the relief of the bricks. In the end you would have 3 layers of variety, with some tweaking you can get a pretty convincing brick surface with little effort. See attached for a quick sample I made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version