Author Topic: GPU + CPU Processing ? + Less Noise, How to ??  (Read 3286 times)

2013-07-02, 03:48:06

Javierf4

hello every one, im very exited moving from vray to corona, so i have a lot of questions about it, but i fix many issues during my practice renders, but this questions are really making me crazy, hahah, first one:
As i know, corona is a biased unbiased rendrer engine, is like a fusion of both (tell me if im wrong), so its there any posible setting to use the GPU proccessor + the CPU ??? if the awnser is yes, how can i configure that in my corona settings..

Second Question:
There is any way to reduce the noise on the render trying to keep the render time safe?? because i use the limiter pass to limit the passes to 30 (like 10 min) on the render (progressive) is not a big render but i still see much noise specialy on the borders of the metalic geometry... its like the gi is not well performed... idk why....

If you guys can help me, ill be very appreciated, sorry for my bad english by the way, im still working on it.. :D

2013-07-02, 04:04:11
Reply #1

pavelhuerta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Javierf4...

Corona is only CPU processing... if you need less noise in you render just add more passes or time to clean it well...

2013-07-02, 10:21:56
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
No one reads the F.A.Q anyway..
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-07-02, 11:40:01
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
1. Corona is a CPU-only renderer, you can render unbiased and biased images with it, depending on settings
2. In Corona there is no such thing as "render time" unless you enable it. To reduce noise in less time or fewer passes you have to change render settings depending on your scene. For less noise on glossy surfaces you can try increasing PT samples and/or decreasing max sample intensity but probably not below 10.

You should also browse these forums as there are already many threads concerning noise reduction.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us