Author Topic: opacity cut out problem  (Read 2972 times)

2017-01-19, 11:24:10

ileste

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I  have two surfaces one on each other the top one is slightly moved up.
I use two material different with displacement that's why layered material is no use.
When  apply material with opacity map on the top surface the opacity don't make the material completely opaque cut out, the problem is on that material I turned on refraction, without refraction is ok.
How to solve this?
Is refraction settings override opacity?
I tried to put the same map in refraction color, and opacity color no success.
I only success when I turned thin refraction or IOR 1 but I need IOR to be 1.33 to refract to not be air :D

2017-01-20, 11:49:54
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, I am sorry, but I do not understand your description. Could you add screenshots or sample renders so that we could understand what you are trying to achieve, and what is happening?
I don't see any point in using opacity and refraction at the same time, but maybe I just don't understand the purpose.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-20, 12:22:01
Reply #2

ileste

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have map for bubbles and need to be on some places and need to be refractive also, I know the layered material I can solve this but because I will use displacement on both materials I use two surfaces.
Look on the pic when I have simple diffuse material with opacity material(on the left) on the top surface the bottom look ok, but when I add refractive 0.5 on the material with opacity map on the top surface, the bottom surface doesn't look like before(on the right) it's like the top surface is refractive all around not only on the places where the opacity map show where the bubbles are.

2017-01-20, 14:15:41
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Do you use absorption distance >0 by any chance?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-01-20, 14:55:47
Reply #4

ileste

• Active Users
    • View Profile
On the material on the top no the absorption distance is 0, on the material on the bottom the purple yes is sss.

2017-01-20, 15:04:43
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It's probably because it uses transparent shadows. Try checking the "caustics" option in the bubbles material.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us