Author Topic: Subsurface dark color  (Read 1618 times)

2016-12-26, 14:49:51

ileste

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I put the same color in the scatter color slot like in the diffuse before and turn on the opacity to zero to test the subsurface scatter and I get darker color then before when I render only the diffuse without scattering, other settings I don't change from the default CoronaMtl.
I need to get the same color of the scattering like in diffuse because I want to plug texture in the scatter color slot. I try form eye to correct the texture to make more bright but then the white parts  became strange the white it come like iridescence.
Are there some settings that I missed?

2017-01-20, 12:10:40
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think this is happening because the diffuse color catches all the light that is cast onto it directly. The scattering color is affected by GI, and most of the volume is a bit deeper inside the cup. Maybe lowering absorption depth would help?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-20, 12:26:58
Reply #2

ileste

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes that help lowering absorption depth also eyeballing I add slightly saturation and change the hue and very slightly increase RGB levels to make brighter before the white to became blown out and iridescence. It's not same like to put the texture in diffuse but very close.