Author Topic: VrayTriplanarTex (blended box map)  (Read 6765 times)

2015-10-19, 11:51:13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Look at what gift Vlado gave for his customers - VrayTriplanarTex. Shame it works with Vray only :[

My dream is that one day Corona could have something similar too, because there's no chance that Autodesk could write such increadibly complex plugin by themselfs. No way.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-10-19, 13:21:14
Reply #1

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That looks very interesting. I think I saw a demo of Substance Designer using this Triplanar projection for painting maps as well. It looked very useful.

Anything that has the potential to reduce any amount of UVW unwrapping seems worth it's weight in gold to me! A Corona equivalent would be great, or a commercial plugin that was independent of render engine (don't know if that's possible).

2015-10-19, 13:23:15
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
independent of render engine (don't know if that's possible).

And if it was purely a geometry modifier that the Renderer could read, without the need to use special texture or wrapper, now that would be something :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-19, 13:24:40
Reply #3

bs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • bildstaerke | raumstaerke
that would be indeed very nice ... there are ways to to this manually but a shader solution would be awesome =)
win 10 | asus z10pe-d8 ws | dual xeon e5-2786w v4 | 128gb kingston 2400 ecc | 2080ti | samsung ssd 940 evo | asus pa329
c4d r20+r21 | sketchup | vectorworks
working alone, with my girlfriend, in cooperation and with freelancers for our own projects and for externals

2015-10-19, 14:49:23
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
maybe if enough people request it, they will add support for other renderers ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-10-19, 18:02:55
Reply #5

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
Maybe if enough people ask, you make an even better one for us? :D

I use Neil Blevins' Blended-Box-Map script all the time, although it's a bit convoluted. But having this in Corona would be a dream come true.

2015-10-19, 19:50:21
Reply #6

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this is like the triplanar shader in mari right? Quite a cool thing for quick basic texturing