Author Topic: Huge Slate editor bug  (Read 11121 times)

2015-10-19, 12:40:21
Reply #15

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Not sure if it's because I have pretty strong computer (40 cores, 64gb ram, ssd), but while I don't experience debilitating freezes (20 minutes), it can open up to a minute each time I want to add new map. I don't have Slate open, the basic map editor does this just fine for me.
It's true I do have plugins, but only minimal amount.

One think I suspected before, is when I open map/browser, all the tabs inside are open as well, including all the "scene materials" and editor materials, and they start instantly updating. If I close those tabs, the map/browser is fast(remember, it's map/browser thing which is slow, not the editor !). I just can't force 3dsMax to remember having those tabs open. The whole updating can take a bit since by this time I can often have over 1000 materials in scene (blame decos...).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-19, 14:28:40
Reply #16

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
So i tried to open scene materials tab in mat/map browser and indeed there is ~5s delay after each map pluging into materials, but as soon as that tab is closed, everything is snappy again.

One think I suspected before, is when I open map/browser, all the tabs inside are open as well, including all the "scene materials" and editor materials, and they start instantly updating. If I close those tabs, the map/browser is fast(remember, it's map/browser thing which is slow, not the editor !). I just can't force 3dsMax to remember having those tabs open.

You can save mat/map browser layout into external file and max will remember order and state of all tabs: material/map browser options > additional options > save layout as...
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures