Author Topic: walls & tiles compatibilty  (Read 15868 times)

2014-07-18, 08:26:35

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I'm thinking of purchasing the walls & tiles plugin from Vizpark, but am a bit unsure about the compatibility with Corona. Has anyone succesfully adapted this plugin within a Corona environment. Or is there anyone here willing to share his findings on this plugin?

Thanks in advance.

2014-07-18, 10:14:59
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-18, 18:24:05
Reply #2

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes I saw it was listed on the wiki, but I'd like to hear some findings from actual users. From your reply I'm not sure if you tested it for yourself on a regular base :)

They now offer it temporarily at a nice discount price, so any more feedback would be kindly appreciated.

2014-07-23, 11:29:57
Reply #3

VIZPARK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I´ve created a specific Corona material version of Walls & Tiles to support Corona Renderer directly. The plugin is not installed
by default but it can be easily copied into the plugins folder after general installation. The version has been tested, but not thoroughly, I must admit.
Nevertheless, the Standard material version works with Corona as well, so I can say that Walls & Tiles is definitely compatible.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Best,
Martin

VIZPARK - www.vizpark.com

2014-07-23, 12:24:14
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
why did you do a separate version?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-23, 12:42:19
Reply #5

VIZPARK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I´ve created a Walls & Tiles version based on a Corona Material, because I thought it would be better integrated with Corona Renderer.
If the Corona material is not different from the standard 3ds max material, this doesn´t make sense of course. But maybe I don´t really
interpret the question correctly ?

Best,
Martin

2014-07-29, 11:57:24
Reply #6

LKEdesign

• Active Users
  • I'm addicted to Corona Render and I need NO cure.
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site
Hi,

I´ve created a specific Corona material version of Walls & Tiles to support Corona Renderer directly. The plugin is not installed
by default but it can be easily copied into the plugins folder after general installation. The version has been tested, but not thoroughly, I must admit.
Nevertheless, the Standard material version works with Corona as well, so I can say that Walls & Tiles is definitely compatible.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Best,
Martin

VIZPARK - www.vizpark.com

But where are these special Corona files??? I can't find them on my download, and I can't find it on your web-site either?? I have bought the Plugins Complete bundle, are there any other of the plugins with customized programfiles that need to be installed manually?
All the best,
LKE Design
See my work at: http://www.lkedesign.dk/en/portfolio_en.html

2014-07-29, 15:01:02
Reply #7

VIZPARK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry that the installation is unclear.

You need to copy the corona version manually to the plugins folder. I´ve not included an automated installation in the installer, simply because the plugin would throw out a maxscript error if Corona is not installed (and I did not manage to detect if Corona is installed with the installer). You can find the plugin file in the plugins folder of each product installation folder. Just navigate from the windows startmenu to VIZPARK then to the product (e.g. Walls & Tiles) and then to the plugins folder. There copy the file "Walls and Tiles (corona).mse" to your 3Ds Max plugins folder. The same applies for Mosaic accordingly.

I will try to fix this in the next releases.

2014-07-29, 15:04:44
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
To see if corona is installed look for Corona[max version number].dlr in /plugins/ folder

2014-07-29, 15:17:55
Reply #9

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
That would only work if plugins are installed locally, all people who are using shared plugins on a network drive are not part of this condition.
I know, of course, that those people are more likely to install the corona version by hand on a network location anyways, but why not just using 1 script? I don't see the benefit of maintaining a corona and non-corona version. Why not simply make a maxscript condition if the CoronaRenderer class exists right at the beginning of your script?
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-07-29, 15:39:55
Reply #10

VIZPARK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, Keymaster and DeadClown. I´ll see what I can do, both in terms for an installer and the script itself. The idea of including the different material versions in one script is a good one and I´ll surely think about this for a future version.

2014-07-31, 15:32:41
Reply #11

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
So I've been trying W&T out, but the bump map channel is continuously becoming unchecked when I switch to another material node or go into a submap within the material itself. Any reason for that?

Also, any way to enhance the displacement? The brick isn't really popping out the way I want, or the way I feel it should. I've tried increasing the max subdiv per poly in the Corona settings also, but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference. Perhaps its something in the displace map setup that can be tweaked?

Been testing this out on the CML model.

2014-07-31, 15:53:51
Reply #12

VIZPARK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible that the bump channel does not contain any bitmaps ? The script checks if Crossmap within the bump
layer has bitmaps loaded and if not, turns off the channel entirely. I should probably change this in the script if it
causes problems.

For the displacement, I need to re-check if there is something different with the way the bump/displacement channel
is handled within Corona. I know that the bump channel is interpreted differently in different maps/ materials and renderers
and sometimes the bump is not recognized as bump or displacement. I´ll check this asap!

Best,
Martin

2014-07-31, 16:17:19
Reply #13

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Is it possible that the bump channel does not contain any bitmaps ? The script checks if Crossmap within the bump
layer has bitmaps loaded and if not, turns off the channel entirely. I should probably change this in the script if it
causes problems.

For the displacement, I need to re-check if there is something different with the way the bump/displacement channel
is handled within Corona. I know that the bump channel is interpreted differently in different maps/ materials and renderers
and sometimes the bump is not recognized as bump or displacement. I´ll check this asap!

Best,
Martin

Thanks Martin.

My mistake on the bump as the brick set I was using didn't contain any. I could have sworn it did.

I continued to play around with the displacement, increased the distance settings on the material, more increasing max subdiv, even the screen size, but still not getting it to where I'd like it to be. But displacement aside the plugin works very well. Seems like my firm will by it at some point.

We had a project with a custom brick design so I installed to tinker and was able to reproduce the pattern pretty well, but not 100% since there is one occasional soldier over two courses and the plugin only works with custom on a course to course level. Not sure how you would script in having a soldier brick in this case, but I found a work around. Tedious, but it works.

2014-09-11, 16:37:40
Reply #14

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
White GEO plane + teapot + sun: 11.800.000 Rays =)
VIZ walls & tiles GEO plane + teapot + suns = 1.700.000 Rays =(
2K Texture from Walls & tiles (Render map option) GEO plane + teapot + sun: 8.800.000 Rays =)

Where is the problem?
« Last Edit: 2014-09-11, 17:26:22 by cecofuli »