Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Corona Goodies - User Contributions

Corona Proxy Exporter (continuous updates)

(1/13) > >>

racoonart:
This is the new, rewritten-from-scratch version of the proxy exporter for Corona. Some things work differently, most limitations are not present in this one and it will get regular updates/fixes.

Changes/Improvements I'm aware of ;) :
- No undo crashes
- If several selected objects are already instanced, only 1 is exported as proxy, the others use the same proxy object ( meaning: 100 instances trees only result in 1 proxy on the hdd). References are handled as well.
- Object properties are 100% retained when "Replace source objects" is checked
- wirecolor, renderable, visible to camera object properties are copied when source objects are not replaced
- Single mesh export is undoable (but will eat up some ram when used in conjunction with hundreds of objects or high face counts)

Please test it hard, report any inconsistencies and bugs. Feature requests are also welcome.

Download below.
Save the file into your "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 201x\scripts\CoronaRenderer" folder and use the already installed macroscript in max to start it (you should have a menu entry in the quad menu).
Or simply drag and drop the script into a viewport to run (or use the "Maxscript" -> "run script..." menu entries)

Changelog:
*v0.07 - [2018/05/08] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fixed a major bug with exporting collapsed proxies which under some circumstances caused the original model(s) to be altered
*v0.06 - [2016/09/27] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- added suppressing of collapse warnings
*v0.05 - [2016/06/28] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- By user request: When a group is selected prior to opening the exporter, the "Combined Proxy name"
   textbox is set to the name of the group when the exporter rollout opens
*v0.04 - [2015/11/02] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fix: proxies are always exported as animation
- undo can be disabled for exporting hundreds of objects => tremendous speedup
- some other minor speed improvements
- changed .cproxy to .cgeo
*v0.03 - [2015/09/10] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- animated proxy support (requires build of 2015/09/10 yyyy/mm/dd or later)
*v0.02 - [2015/07/22] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- code documentation
- fixed: output path cancel crashes the script
- changed default path
*v0.01 - [2015/06/28] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- initial beta release of the rewritten exporter

racoonart:
Since there's no feedback yet I assume it's working fine for those who tried it.
If there are any suggestions, bugs or wishes, please let me know. This one will be replacing the older Proxy exporter and be shipped with the next Corona installer!

maru:

--- Quote from: DeadClown on 2015-07-06, 13:06:53 ---Since there's no feedback yet I assume it's working fine for those who tried it.
If there are any suggestions, bugs or wishes, please let me know. This one will be replacing the older Proxy exporter and be shipped with the next Corona installer!

--- End quote ---

You'll get feedback once it is shipped with installer. ;) People are probably too comfortable with the older one to check this out.

racoonart:
I guess so ;) It's like max beta, everyone is too lazy to try the new build and report the shitload of bugs and once it's released everyone is pissed because the new release is crap :D

arqrenderz:
Is there a way to have a proxy to mesh converter in the same script-dialog? i mean the revert back option for a proxy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version