Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

[solved] 3ds Max 2023 slow startup

(1/4) > >>

CharlyRT:
Hello there, recently I have moved to 3ds Max 2023 and theres an strange behaivior when installing Corona, 3ds Max takes too much time to load, I have tested it installing and uninstalling every component. Keeping only the main plugin (without scatter, ) seems to improve loading times, im using Corona 8, with Corona 7 Hotfix 1, doesnt seem to work even that the installer says that it support max 2023. Have you noticed something similar?
It also affects when installing GrowFX for this version.

maru:
Hi, Corona 8 supports 3ds Max 2023, Corona 7 doesn't (even though it shows in the installer - it's a bug). The supported 3ds Max versions are always listed here: https://corona-renderer.com/download

As to the slow startup - could you please try clearing your ENU folder and check if it improves the startup times? Please note that this will remove your custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts, buttons, etc, so it's best to keep a backup of the original ENU folder as explained in the article, and only try refreshing it to see if the issue goes away or not: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resetting-3ds-Max-3ds-Max-Design.html#:~:text=You%20can%20reset%20the%203ds,each%20user%20profile%20in%20Windows.

CharlyRT:
Hi Maru, thanks for answering, I have tried what u suggested, it was the first thing on the list, but its very odd, I have reinstalled Max 2022 in order to do some time comparisons because I didnt note any of them on that version a week ago, but the problem its repeating also in this other version, I have reinstall 3ds Max 2023 and tried to clean every single file from Autodesk, and i cannot figure it out what is causing this.

Here are my time tests so far while installing these plugins:

Max 2022
Free Plugins (BerconMaps+MultiTexture+FloorGenerator+SiNi) - 35s
iToo ForesPack+RailClone - 38s
GrowFX - 36s
Vray 5 - 1:05 min
Corona 8 - 1:24 min
Everything - 1:33 min

Max 2023
Free Plugins (BerconMaps+MultiTexture+FloorGenerator+SiNi) - 36s
iToo ForesPack+RailClone - 38s
Vray 5 - 1:05 min
Corona 8 - 1:27 min
GrowFX - 1:30 min
Everything - 2:27 min

Im gonna try in an different machine that has been formatted recently and has no software installed, I dont want to format this PC :(

maru:
If you don't have available Corona / V-Ray licenses, this can cause startup slowdowns.
Do you have available licenses in the Chaos License Server and are they getting correctly activated once 3ds Max starts?

CharlyRT:
I have Vray license, I use Corona in "demo mode" in order to do the conversions so I just Install the main Plugin, I have read that this could cause some issues with startup slowndows, but like i said I didnt notice this before, could it be that I was using Corona 7? I know that in Corona 8 there was a merge with the whole licenses in Chaos, Right now im testing Vray 6 Beta and the license is activated correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version