Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Corona Render 8 is Slower

(1/3) > >>

maxpyane_2k5:
Hello Everyone,

I want people's opinion on the rendering speed of version 8 compared to version 7. I feel like version 8 takes much more time on scene parsing, even on a simple scene. Is anyone else seeing the analogue's behaviour?

Basshunter:
Yes, same here. Horrible parsing times for me compared to corona 7.

maxpyane_2k5:
Indeed it's pretty dreadful. I see a massive disparity in rendering speed. Version 7 is handling scenes with much better efficacy.

TomG:
Can you send us some example scenes, please? We've not seen this in our tests, and indeed parsing if often faster, so we'd benefit from having a look at the scenes where you are having problems. Also can you share which version of Max, which OS, etc. too when sending in a scene so we get the full picture. Thanks!

BTW if the scene can't be sent, it would still be useful to see a video capture of the 8 vs 7 - at least then we'd see what kind of scene you were working with and see how different it is for you. You could also send in the actual numbers from the Stats in the VFB to show us how much difference you are seeing. For such tests, it is best to set a specific number of passes and not use Noise Limit. Cheers!

maru:
As Tom mentioned, please send us any scenes where this can be reproduced at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
(even very large files can be attached directly in the ticket submission form)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version