Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Mac Studio Experience?

<< < (8/10) > >>

Philw:
Excellent work.

The point I was making (badly) is that is still early days for everything on Apple Silicon and the blender post shows that even in gpu land that optimizations are possible/happening. Just sticking up for Macs a bit!

runx:

--- Quote from: frv on 2022-05-20, 01:12:54 ---Tx Philw
I am not familiar with blender, cycles or the render speed.
From what I saw is that is takes quit a bit more hassle to go from Vectorworks to Blender compared to C4D. That's why I have not bothered with Blender so far.

I got a lengthy support session by Chaos to solve the problem of the cosmos browser not functioning on the Ultra .They got it solved for now by installing the previous version of the cosmos browser.

This is one of the first renders I made with the Ultra 128Gb. I had a terrain modeled that was quit a bit larger taking 125Gb ram at rendering. I reduced the size of the terrain and underneath the house and from then on around 65Gb was in use at rendering. I don't know how long it took to the final render at around 500 samples but it looked not all that different at about 3 min at 12 samples.

I think I spend far more time getting the materials, the model and assets right compared to the rendering proces. Modelling and materialising the scene is completely fluent on the Ultra. (The car is a electric Bollinger that never came in full production).

--- End quote ---

you can have the latest Cosmos Browser Version!
Install the latest Version
> go to    ~/Users/ChaosCosmos
Backup the 3 Folders somewhere
> delete the Folders
>logout / in
>go to    ~/Users/ChaosCosmos/Packages and change the 3 Folders(your models) with the previous ones
>> restart

frv:
@Runx
I wa specifically asked by support not to install the lastest cosmos. And it took a long time to get it work again so I better stick to their advise.

@Philw
tx. I am happy with my Mac Ultra but don't think that without Nvidia's hardware raytracing and hyperthreading Apple is a match yet.

frv:
My experience with the Mac Studio Ultra matches this review:

I think that for C4D and Coronarender the Mac Studio Ultra is great little computer. GPU performance is not an issue with CR. But if you plan to use Twinmotion and other realtime apps as well along with CR than a PC would be a far better choice. Apple can't compete at all with current GPU render speeds.

dacian:
OK, I finally got my Mac Studio yesterday (maxed out, except for the 2tb ssd). Going to install Corona now. Are there any settings that you guys would recommend for c4d? Like for example to disable cpu+gpu rendering? Is that a thing that Corona/C4D would do by default? My work is less visualisation and more artistic so I'm also not familiar with all the samples or percents or noise levels you guys are talking about. I just render 20 passes or so until the render looks good. Any tips?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version