Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Looking for a cause of Interactive Rendering slowdown (+Poll)

<< < (3/15) > >>

Designerman77:

--- Quote from: selene on 2019-10-01, 19:13:11 ---
--- Quote from: Designerman77 on 2019-10-01, 10:39:36 ---Hey Ondra,

in C4D, iMac Pro 2018, OS High Sierra, I sometimes also experience Corona crashing after using IR.
Seems to happen in big scenes... not often... but two-three times it occured.

I´ll keep an eye on it... maybe there is a pattern in the cause.

Thanks for your constant optimization of Corona.

--- End quote ---

Hello Designerman77, thank you very much for your feedback. If you would discover some case where the crashes are repeatedly occuring, please let us know and we will try to reproduce and investigate the problem. :)

--- End quote ---

You can bet that I will do that. :) I would also give you the scene.
Until now I could only notice that IR sometimes crashes, if I made a lot of changes in the scene very quickly - like every few seconds a change.

Regarding parsing time, I noticed that some scenes are simply parsing quicker than others.
Tried erasing parts of the scene... until it remained literally almost empty. Still the same long parsing...

In other scenes that are much bigger, parsing is much quicker...
Strange phenomenon that I had noticed also in previous Corona versions.

I´ll continue testing.

steyin:

--- Quote from: selene on 2019-10-01, 10:31:17 ---Hello Steyin, thank you very much for your feedback. Please could you provide us such scene so we could investigate the cause of this issue?

You can use either our Private Uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload or you can send it to me as a private message. No uploaded files will be shared with anybody else or used for purposes other than debugging Corona without explicit permission.

--- End quote ---
I'll try to get you the scene along with a former one with a different Rhino export. The one I'm currently using might be heavier due to the modeling of the import...since its from the city of NY and who knows if they know what they're doing. I finally rendered the scene however for final renders and noticed the parsing times were only a few seconds compared to nearly 20-30 for IR.

selene:

--- Quote from: sprayer on 2019-10-01, 15:30:36 ---Yes i was think about it, but without light material it is also add about ~5s for parsing scene what slowing response from IR

--- End quote ---

I asked about this issue my colleague and he agreed that in this case, the slowdown is currently expected, since as romullus mentioned:
--- Quote ---when you assign lights to particles, then it breaks instancing of those lights
--- End quote ---

selene:

--- Quote from: steyin on 2019-10-02, 16:52:35 ---
--- Quote from: selene on 2019-10-01, 10:31:17 ---Hello Steyin, thank you very much for your feedback. Please could you provide us such scene so we could investigate the cause of this issue?

You can use either our Private Uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload or you can send it to me as a private message. No uploaded files will be shared with anybody else or used for purposes other than debugging Corona without explicit permission.

--- End quote ---
I'll try to get you the scene along with a former one with a different Rhino export. The one I'm currently using might be heavier due to the modeling of the import...since its from the city of NY and who knows if they know what they're doing. I finally rendered the scene however for final renders and noticed the parsing times were only a few seconds compared to nearly 20-30 for IR.

--- End quote ---

Steyin, the difference between parsing times for IR and final renders should definitely not be so big - there is certainly some problem (maybe on our side). If you could provide us the scene so we could have a look at it, it would help us a lot with finding the potential issues.

Alexandre Besson:
Forestpack and railclone (itoo software plugin for 3dsmax) slow down deeply the iR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version