Author Topic: linked slots for maps and materials  (Read 8399 times)

2020-06-19, 10:08:29

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I know this isn't a renderer feature, but since the Corona team has made so much other great add-ons to the render this is something I do not know how to do and I would really wish for.
Lets say you have 50 materials and want to add a Corona Color correction between the bitmap and diffuse slot and all the materials should have the same settings for the color correct. It would have been so nice if I were able to link the settings on each of the map so that if you make a change you don't have to update 50 maps. Or if you have 3 corona bitmaps, being able to link tiling or whatever so that the material process would be more automatic. I don't have a good suggestion how it would work, but it would have been nice.

2020-06-19, 11:00:21
Reply #1

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Corona already has this feature. Look in the Color Correct and select the radio button "use these settings"
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-06-19, 11:44:48
Reply #2

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Oh wow, in front of my eyes the whole time, I can't believe it :D thank you!!

2020-06-22, 16:25:54
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Further improvements here are planned (e.g. we could have something similar for triplanar, uvw randomizer, other... if you have some ideas - let us know!)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-06-22, 17:01:43
Reply #4

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I don't have any ideas as per now, but I'll let you know if I have some good suggestions. ;)
One of the reasons it came to my mind is that I have a max script called Material Texture loader (http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/material-texture-loader you should check it out) which lets you load up multiple substance textures and create a Corona material with a single click. And it lets you link up parameters (like tiling etc) between the textures. So I was curious how I could do this myself without knowing how to script in a more elegant way than creating custom float parameters the way this script does.