Author Topic: Something like Maxwell SimulLens ?  (Read 2871 times)

2013-08-04, 19:34:15

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

I know that TOO early for this kind of Request, and it´s not, by any chance, a priority, but that´s something incredible nice to have. :)

It´s something like "post Effects" but based on scene information, and adds a lot of realism.

A friend of mine directed and worked on a INCREDIBLE animation for UFC Rio de Janeiro Edition. They´re are using Maxwell. And they are just waiting Corona to implemente SSS to start to test it.
     So,he was talking to me about how incredible is the light scattering/rendering/post effects in Maxwell, and talked about simulens with me...

So , here am i ! :)

Take a look at this incredible work (Maxwell) :
        But he was talking about rendetimes too. And it´s almost impossible to use Maxwell if you don´t have a HUGE renderfarm. About 18 up to 50hrs/frame !!!
        Lol. But the results are insane.

Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2013-08-04, 19:48:18
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Interesting but I'm not sure if Keymaster would like the idea of adding something like this to Corona. It looks like fake participating media that takes into account the characteristics of a lens. Am I right?

This animation is really top class. It's amazing. I've always loved SSS. I remember playing with it in some early versions of Brazil. Can't wait to see it in Corona, I think it will be a very important feature.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-08-04, 20:13:27
Reply #2

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Can't wait to see it in Corona, I think it will be a very important feature.
+100500
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-08-05, 04:49:08
Reply #3

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I don´t know who it works, he said that it allows the artist/shader guy to put dirt, and distortions on the lens to make it looks like a real world lens with dust, moisture things that cause more aberrations on the real images and that make the light spots to bloom as a nice Glaring/glowing atmosphere, and that this was perfect for this (animation) work.
    I know that´s the kind of thing we always do on post (me included), but i have to confess that i miss the lume lens, and the lens shaders on MentalRay, the lume applied directly on the 3d software looks much more richer and accurate than the one i put on Post production... SO, sometimes i use lume/glow as subtle post effects directly on Mentalray... As i said, not a MUST, but nice feature to have (on Maxwell).

Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor