Author Topic: Corona 4 CRASHES ( Computing Sec GI or PROXIES Issues )  (Read 8840 times)

2019-06-25, 20:59:08

webuilddreams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Since i installed corona-4-3dsmax ( the latest vesion ) all my projects started to collapsed !! IT crashes when its doing " Computing SEC GI . And i im prety sure its related to prxoies, becouse , after i isolate the proxy in question, the problem is gone.  Or if a delete the proxy the problem is gone. What is going on , we are 3 people in diferent locations having the same problem. And we start all our files from zero and at some point , we cant know how or why, max crashes. The only thin we know for sure that it start to happend after we have proxies in the scene.
It never happend before with older versions of corona.

3ds MAX 2017 sp3, windows 10 64 bits, double xeon, 64 gb of ram, etc. The system never failure, but as i say, it happend in diferent files in diferent computers !
« Last Edit: 2019-06-25, 22:44:41 by per@puurbeeld.nl »

2019-06-26, 02:44:51
Reply #1

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Have you tried regenerating the proxies using the same version of Corona that you are rendering with?

2019-06-26, 08:42:32
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

We are aware of some crashes with loading proxies created with older versions of Corona into the latest v4 version.

These issues should hopefully be resolved by a hotfix which is coming soon.

However would you still be able to send me your scene so we can investigate if it is the same issue. Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-06-26, 13:52:49
Reply #3

webuilddreams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will upload the file ( i finally isolate the proxies that were causing the trouble ) . Something funny, after i apply a simpl material to all the proxies, the problem is gone.

2019-06-26, 14:03:31
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We just released Corona 4 Hotfix 1. Would you be able to try with this version and see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-06-26, 14:28:04
Reply #5

webuilddreams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh dear people !. It works !!!! Problem is gone so far with the 3 files we were having issues !.
Thanks a lot !It also, somehow, loads much faster the " parsing scene " thing.
Thanks a lot.

2019-06-26, 14:37:25
Reply #6

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Awesome! I'm glad it's fixed :)

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-06-26, 15:43:33
Reply #7

webuilddreams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Interactive still unstable, but i can live with that... so far .

2019-06-30, 22:20:42
Reply #8

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
I can relate and agree on interactive rendering being much worse than in previous versions, the IR itself is fast (as it used to be), but the time it takes to calculate in-between start and stop is now so irritating.. my files are really hard to work on at the moment thanks to this IR issue, as they are quite heavy .. really half of my work time is being wasted on waiting for IR to respond.. ram levels are below 70%, and I used to work on much larger scenes with very less issues .. Hope you can get this resolved somehow, as I already re-saved the current scene to corona 4, and it instantly crashes when I try to open it again with corona3hf2 (will try merging..)

UPDATE: I've managed to merge the scene into new with Corona 3 hf2 and the IR is as fast as it used to be, so it is not scene related.. :) Glad I've wasted whole week figuring out what the culprit was..
« Last Edit: 2019-07-01, 09:07:27 by David Males »

2019-07-08, 10:15:14
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
UPDATE: I've managed to merge the scene into new with Corona 3 hf2 and the IR is as fast as it used to be, so it is not scene related..

Hi David,
Sorry to hear that IR speed is disappointing for you in V4. We would love to look into this to make sure IR is as responsive as possible. Could you upload this specific scene via our private uploader? Or if it's under NDA, maybe you could share a part of it with us, where the issue can be reproduced? Here is the link: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
After the upload is finished, please let me know here which upload method you used, and what was your file name.

Thanks in advance!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us