Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106165 times)

2018-11-12, 11:02:26
Reply #465

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wanna report a bug with corona latest daily builds. First time and the second time render give different color result.
The scene is already sent to Ondra using Dropbox with my email address.

2018-11-12, 11:22:43
Reply #466

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
I wanna report a bug with corona latest daily builds. First time and the second time render give different color result.

Whenever reporting bug with a scene "attached' though the private uploader, always please mention the scene filename in the bug report. It will make it much easier for us to pair the files to the report. Other than that I can reproduce the issue so we will look into it.

2018-11-12, 12:14:45
Reply #467

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Whenever reporting bug with a scene "attached' though the private uploader, always please mention the scene filename in the bug report. It will make it much easier for us to pair the files to the report. Other than that I can reproduce the issue so we will look into it.
I already tried 3 times using private uploader and failed 3 times too. So I'm using the Alternative Uploader (Dropbox) from:
https://corona-renderer.com/upload

The file name : "Bug.7z"

2018-11-12, 22:31:40
Reply #468

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has anybody noticed anything strange happening to textures when using low glossiness values?

Using Corona 3 RC4 I can render anything with values of 0.65 glossiness and above and textures look as they should. If I drop this down to 0.55 it completely destroys my texture and stops the light from appearing on the surface of objects - very strange.

This is nothing to do with how the reflections look, it's about what it is doing to the light hitting a surface and the diffuse textures becoming extremely distorted/destroyed.

I haven't got anything to show just yet as I never saved the file I first noticed the issue in, but I will provide something soon, anyone having a similar issue?

2018-11-12, 22:34:40
Reply #469

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi admins

Ive noticed a weird issue with a scene where the interactive rendering is noisy compared to the beauty pass - all lightmix settings are set to default so there are no lights pushed past 1.  Nor are there any color changes within the lightmix...

2018-11-13, 02:19:26
Reply #470

redstarcg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Poltavskiy
Noticed an issue with latest build for max. When you do 2d zoom the reflections now change. This makes it impossible to dial in anything using the zoom feature.

2018-11-13, 11:01:42
Reply #471

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Has anybody noticed anything strange happening to textures when using low glossiness values?
Using Corona 3 RC4 I can render anything with values of 0.65 glossiness and above and textures look as they should. If I drop this down to 0.55 it completely destroys my texture and stops the light from appearing on the surface of objects - very strange.
This is nothing to do with how the reflections look, it's about what it is doing to the light hitting a surface and the diffuse textures becoming extremely distorted/destroyed.
I haven't got anything to show just yet as I never saved the file I first noticed the issue in, but I will provide something soon, anyone having a similar issue?
We will either need some image examples, or a scene, to understand what is going on. Maybe it's one of those light transport issues where dark highlights appear? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516180-known-bugs-and-limitations

Hi admins
Ive noticed a weird issue with a scene where the interactive rendering is noisy compared to the beauty pass - all lightmix settings are set to default so there are no lights pushed past 1.  Nor are there any color changes within the lightmix...
Can you show an example, and/or upload a scene and let us know what's the file name? Thanks.

Noticed an issue with latest build for max. When you do 2d zoom the reflections now change. This makes it impossible to dial in anything using the zoom feature.
Can you please post some images showing this issue, and/or send us a scene and file name? Thx!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-11-13, 14:41:56
Reply #472

webuilddreams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, the Corona Lightlister does list all the lights Except the Corona sun (max 2017 corona 3 RC5), any one has the same issue?

2018-11-13, 14:47:35
Reply #473

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, the Corona Lightlister does list all the lights Except the Corona sun (max 2017 corona 3 RC5), any one has the same issue?

Deliberate - this is just the first implementation of the Unified Lister and will be expanded upon in future. As a note, the Corona Sun is a different beast than a Corona Light and has different parameters, making it a "different kind of thing to list".
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-11-13, 16:00:26
Reply #474

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
RC5

Corona Lister freezes 3ds Max once I press the button.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-11-13, 16:04:14
Reply #475

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
RC5

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Is this in all scenes, or only ones with lots of individual lights? (which could be instances). I know last time I tested in a scene with lots of light instances, Max appeared to freeze but it was just taking a long time to parse all the instances (I think there are plans to improve this by grouping instances so that hundreds of entries aren't needed in the lister).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-11-13, 16:52:02
Reply #476

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
RC5

Thanks,

Dionysios -

A lots of lights and instances.

Is this in all scenes, or only ones with lots of individual lights? (which could be instances). I know last time I tested in a scene with lots of light instances, Max appeared to freeze but it was just taking a long time to parse all the instances (I think there are plans to improve this by grouping instances so that hundreds of entries aren't needed in the lister).

2018-11-13, 17:01:13
Reply #477

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Yes, there is a problem with many lights (~ hundreds). We're already working on fix for that.

2018-11-13, 17:04:33
Reply #478

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Yes, there is a problem with many lights (~ hundreds). We're already working on fix for that.

Ok, so is under control! :)

2018-11-14, 12:13:45
Reply #479

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Just FYI; Since using RC5 (or maybe even RC4), any previously reported issues with DR have seemed to be solved.

Thanks for the hard work as usual guys. Looking forward to the full release! (....and then testing for Corona 4 :D)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/