Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

[RESOLVED] Decals, reflection altough 0% gloss

(1/2) > >>

lollolo:
Hi

Latest build and c4d r20 on win10.
If I use Corona Decal on a simple black plane, the result is always very glossy, although my materials have 0% glossiness. So there should be no reflections at all. But when I check "Clip" under the opacity settings of my decal material, I get correct results, without any reflections.
Seems to me there is an issue, could you check it? 

Thanks!

Edit: I downgraded to the daily build before (April 3) and this resolved my issue. So my reported issue is only in the latest build.

TomG:
I may just be confused here, but that doesn't look like Glossiness to me, but Opacity - you are seeing through the object due to opacity, there's no reflection / refraction going on there. Can you share the scene, since it looks like a simple test scene?

lollolo:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2023-05-30, 16:11:54 ---I may just be confused here, but that doesn't look like Glossiness to me, but Opacity - you are seeing through the object due to opacity, there's no reflection / refraction going on there. Can you share the scene, since it looks like a simple test scene?

--- End quote ---
I don't think it's opacity, although it happens only if opacity of the decal material is lower than 100%.

Here my setup: plane with a black material, 0% glossiness.
Decal with a white color in diffuse slot and a noise in opacity channel. Glossiness also 0%.
In the second image, I rendered the same scene again, but using April 3 build, and got correct results, without reflections on my plane.

Hope this will be fixed till the final release :)

TomG:
It's not reflection, it's the opacity - I placed a red cube behind the object, and a blue cube in front of it, and you can see the red cube through it but no reflection of the blue cube.

From what I can see, this is expected - the decal has opacity, it's replacing the opacity of the original plane, so now you can see through the plane based on that opacity.

PS - if you are using Corona 10 daily build, you can disable "Replace Opacity" which I think may be the effect you are looking for.

lollolo:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2023-05-31, 13:18:12 ---It's not reflection, it's the opacity - I placed a red cube behind the object, and a blue cube in front of it, and you can see the red cube through it but no reflection of the blue cube.

From what I can see, this is expected - the decal has opacity, it's replacing the opacity of the original plane, so now you can see through the plane based on that opacity.

PS - if you are using Corona 10 daily build, you can disable "Replace Opacity" which I think may be the effect you are looking for.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the hint with "Replace Opacity". I will check it out when i find some free minutes.
But still, why does it override when I have values between 1% and 99% opacity, but not when I have 0% (full black) and 100% (full white) opacity? this makes no sense to me. (Check my first post, when I check "Clip" in opacity channel, I get different results. Why?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version