Author Topic: Matte/Shadow Material - Help/whish - Corona on Production  (Read 12077 times)

2013-03-23, 17:40:29

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

Corona REALLY needs Matte/Shadow Material. Is there any Work around for that now ?

I am trying Corona on job, and i need to integrate a CG model over a wood table with Gloss reflection and Soft Shadows from an HDR. How can i achieve this without MatteShadow ? I was thinking about to project the plate image on the table and render a beauty, but´s not the best solution...

The other solution was to make painfull passes like make :
     step 1 -beauty (without the table to have my object´s alpha;
     step 2 - Then everything "invisible to camera" and put a black plane on the table with reflections to try to have the ref pass
     step 3 -  And then make this plane White and render again to try to create the softshadow pass...

Accepting any suggestions here. Tks !
     Is this the unique workflow at this stage with Corona or can i try something different ?
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2013-04-04, 15:35:38
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have no suggestions to make, actually I'm having similar problems with integrating the rendered output and photograph backplates.

I second the request for a matte material, it would make life much easier. Support for the built-in Matte Material would be great!

2013-04-05, 15:51:49
Reply #2

cobra1979

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I need this feature too for my job, I would like to test Corona in production and we do a lot of products integrations in photos.
Thanks.

2013-04-05, 18:17:10
Reply #3

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Maybe am I about to say something stupid, but I've to try ;)
Why not using another renderer just to get matte/shadow output ? I know it's not the most practical, but still better than nothing for the moment, no ?

My 2 cents :P
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2013-04-05, 19:01:41
Reply #4

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Hi guys,

Why not using another renderer just to get matte/shadow output ? I know it's not the most practical, but still better than nothing for the moment, no ?

Because Corona is a drug ;)
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-04-05, 19:42:27
Reply #5

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Hi guys,

Because Corona is a drug ;)

That´s a good answer. :) lol...

But it´s a workaround anyway, btw it was my solution. But my object is a bit complex to replicate on another render to do passes. It has about 30 diferent shaders on a multi-material. So if i had to do a reflection on a Matte i will face some problems (i can try to use corona render elements but i got a bug using them + deadline manager)

Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2013-04-28, 12:21:04
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)