Author Topic: Corona SSS - Finally - LeePerry Head - First test  (Read 2293 times)

2014-07-27, 06:29:41

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

I know that i am probably doing things on the "wrong way", i am using the new build with SSS for the last 30 minutes, and i can´t figure out the best way to use it... So, to add reflection i am using Blend/mix, but don´t know if it´s "correct".
    There´s no Spec Mapping for areas like lips (Looks bloddy dry), but i am happy ! :) "Red ear effect " is a trademark of SSS renders on characters (first acomplishment, lol).
   I dreamed with this day.

But i guess Ondra has more to implement on the CoronaVolumeMtl/SSS shader... It seams so simple compared to Vray and Mray... But it´s already very effective. :) I will now try to figure out how to map SSS effect, or to simulate SSS layers...

I am very happy with this addition to Corona ! Now, lets unleash the characters, juices, clouds ! :)

« Last Edit: 2014-07-27, 16:58:46 by kumodot »
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-07-27, 10:50:55
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It is simple by design. We are certainly not planning to overcomplicate it ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-27, 11:28:32
Reply #2

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Simplicity is the brand of corona :) This is what we love.

2014-07-27, 16:59:58
Reply #3

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
    Sure ! That´s something that i love in Corona. :) Keep it this way ! :) I am starting to understand better the logic of SSS implementation... :)

It is simple by design. We are certainly not planning to overcomplicate it ;)
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor