Author Topic: Texture swap or Colimo compatibility  (Read 1350 times)

2021-06-02, 16:37:36

joonior1985

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

it would be groundbreaking feature to develop feature that allows to swap texture after image was rendered. There is Colimo (Motiva) software but somehow abandoned. I saw few requests years ago but nothing happened in that area.
Imagine that CG artist is able to swap textures and make tens or hundreds variations in no-time just to show his customer many options for him to choose from between. Or better yet - a packshot of a single furniture with hundreds of combinations (body, legs, cushions, etc.). Something tells me that its achievable just with render elements.

Cheers!

2021-06-02, 17:18:11
Reply #1

DamianMachnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Monsumm
It would be great if we were given a render element where we can render the selected object in a different material. Sometimes it will be wood and sometimes stone. Options for visibility of the replaced material in reflection and refraction (as in masks).

2021-06-02, 19:04:48
Reply #2

joonior1985

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just wanted to mark as an addition that it hasn't to be physically correct (i.e. for dynamic GI color bleedings, etc.). Just a shortcut for some scenarios. But on the other hand LightMix somehow buffers GI pretty good so... well Ya know ;)