Author Topic: Blackbody.osl crash  (Read 1610 times)

2021-05-26, 18:03:38

nefertum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
recently I experienced three occasions of new kind of 3ds Max giving up on me. During render few pop-up windows titled "Unhandled Exceptions" with blank content pop up. They cannot be closed and from that point on, both Max and corona render window are uncontrollable (doesnt react to anything, clicking, shortcuts) and freezes. According to Task Manager, consumes resources, as if render continues though. Only way forward is to kill the 3dsmax process in Task manager. On next start of any 3dsmax instance,warning pop-up shows up (sadly, I havent got printscreen) telling me, that the last time, MAX crashed while trying to intialize "Blackbody.osl" shader and the pop-up gives me multiple options: 1) Continue anyway 2) Start without this shader initalized 3)Delete this shader

The scene was quite heavy (for my rig anyway), 4K resolution, displacement in place, region render only. The unsifficent RAM warning poped-up (workstation upgrade is coming soon). It happened three times, but on many other occasions (on same render scene) it has not. It happened after different amount of time (last time after 3,5 hours, before that after half an hour). The dump file hasn't been created, nor the autodesk bug report showed up. I've just read about the "Process Explorer" app that can create dump file, so I shall utilize it in next such unfortunate event. Corona build 6. Also I'm contractualy obliged not to share this particular scene, so that's no help neither.

Is this something I can atribute to the insuficient RAM, or is there something I can do to prevent this? No idea what blackbody.osl does. To my knowledge, I do not directly use any OSL shaders, apart from recently purchased wParallax interiors.