Author Topic: Include/Exclude for HDRI Lighting  (Read 5339 times)

2020-10-24, 12:16:51

Ahmad Kouti

• Active Users
  • CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • www.ahmadkouti.com
Hi,

Can we have an option to include or exclude objects from HDRI light that I have assigned in the scene environment section?

2021-01-05, 13:43:23
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We already have a feature request like this logged. If you could provide us with a use case when exactly something like this would be useful, that would be perfect.

(Internal ID=436869814)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-05-21, 14:51:05
Reply #2

Ahmad Kouti

• Active Users
  • CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • www.ahmadkouti.com
It can be used in different places, what I mean is a function like Vray dome light that you have options like a normal light.

for example, I want HDRI lighting for only one object in some projects and use artificial light for the rest of the objects.

2022-01-03, 10:39:25
Reply #3

Deckard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We already have a feature request like this logged. If you could provide us with a use case when exactly something like this would be useful, that would be perfect.

(Internal ID=436869814)
I also often wish I had this feature available. It would be useful in an instance where you have an interior scene with a backdrop image for the view out of the windows, and you want the backdrop image to be excluded from environment lighting and be lit from a light of its own.

2022-01-09, 12:57:19
Reply #4

davidmason

• Users
    • View Profile

(Internal ID=436869814)

- To light a scene with HDRi light but being able to exclude some objects and let them lit by only area lights instead of HDRi
- This feature is already avaialble on other renderers like Arnold, Redshift etc. and its a necessary useful feature for any light type.