Author Topic: Hyunday HB20 - Wip for Animation  (Read 11789 times)

2014-02-27, 16:37:31

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
     I am willing to update this animation with a better and final one...

Now i am using Daily Build and soon, i hope, will be using A6 new features when its available. So, i am porting the scene light and shading setup to Daily Build. Changed the way i was lighting the scene (From light + tranlucent object on the ceilling to a CoronaLightMtl applied on a huge plane.
    The results are very different, and i am getting used to it. I miss a light spread effect on the ceilling from the previous method, but it seems that Corona is cleaning up the scene faster this way...

Here some first Wip shots. I need to fix some parts of Cezar Zambelli's model, but everything but the ambient is a workin progress yet...

Machine I7 2700k 32Gb RAM.
      Render Time. About 20 Minutes to get Pretty decent result and 30-40m to have a better clean-up and dof Clean-up...
      There's 2 Color treatments, and a Wider shot. This one with wrong focal point and MUCH less render time... (Like 10 minutes only).

Update. Night Render.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-01, 07:37:17 by kumodot »
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-02-27, 18:13:06
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
    The results are very different, and i am getting used to it. I miss a light spread effect on the ceilling from the previous method, but it seems that Corona is cleaning up the scene faster this way...

What exactly do you mean by this? What did change? If you miss emissive material, just use CoronaLightMTL with emission enabled. DO NOT use Self-Illumination as a light source meant to be one of key lights in your scene. There is a huge ass note warning about it under Self-Illum slot.

2014-02-27, 20:15:52
Reply #2

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
     Hi RawaLanche. Let me explain better. :)
        I was talking about my lighting method not about Corona "lights".

This scenario was one of the first tries using Corona Renderer, so i was trying to simulate on it (trying to testing the algoritm logic of the engine),and replicating the same kind of lighting that i would make in a real world situation...

On my first scene, i lit the entire room using a Single Square light behind a huge white and translucent plane. Seams like an weird idea, but seams logical for me thinking about real world lighting... I tried to simulate a big milked plastic sheet with light behinds it. And it worked...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12986234/render/fusion2.jpg

But, my first A5 scene, takes about 20-25 minutes to be acceptable for animation. Not a high rendertime for me, but when i try to dim the light down, it became full of noise. A lot of noise. As you can see on the first seconds of my test animation here :

Now,porting to daily build, i changed the way i am lighting the scene. I turned off that huge square light and i've applied CoronaLightMTL on that plane.
     So, doing that, it just changes the "logical" way to use the light on my scene, now i have a plane that emit lights. (No problem with that). But i lost that subtle decay on the edges (light decaying behind glossy plastic sheet). But there's no big problema, i can simulate this mapping the "Texture slot" on the CoronaLightMTL.

I was not complaining about it, just commenting about it. ll. (I never know if i am being well understood, cause my english isn't as good as it should. :)

Thanks for the tip with CoronaLightMTL and Self-Ilum. I was awarded about it. :)

« Last Edit: 2014-02-28, 00:13:31 by kumodot »

2014-02-27, 20:53:22
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I seeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) Sorry then, i was totally confused.

You can get that subtle falloff back i believe :) Just screenshot the geometry of light from top view, paint yourself a map with dimmed edges in photoshop, and use it as a texture for CoronaLightMTL.

You could also try to put CoronaAO in the texture slot of CoronaLightMTL, although i can not guarantee what that would do, or that it would perform well... you have to try ;) In case it worked, you can also vary spread of CoronaAO using for example noise map, so it is not all even ;)

2014-02-27, 20:57:30
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Or you can get back to your old setup, render that light from bottom view, then save it as exr, crop it in ps and use that texture on your new setup :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-02-27, 21:02:21
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

2014-03-01, 07:35:29
Reply #6

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
New render. Now with the lights turned off. :)

2014-03-01, 17:42:56
Reply #7

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
 One more render. Moro towards a "Final version". ;) Animating it soooon. :)

2014-03-01, 18:02:21
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I don't know much about car painting or this specific model but for me the car paint looks like plastic imitating metal - there are no sharp reflections in it. Are you using blend material?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-03-01, 18:27:41
Reply #9

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
   Yes. It´s a Blend, but not too fancy Shader.

This car is what we call a "Popular car" in Brasil (Under $25000)  its paint/finish, in real life, is not like a mirror, it lacks definition too...
    But you´re right, there´s a lack of sharp reflections, but it´s hard to judge cause my sharper forcus area is tight, and the texture on the ceiliing (that covers a good portion of the reflections) are a little bit soft on purpose (don´t have sharp edges), as you can check on the windshield reflection (only hard reflection there). There´s more sharper reflections on the less spreaded areas, like under the headlights (left and right) but they´re not TOO strong cause the ceilling light aren´t strong and the shader naturally cause a loss in "exposure" dropping some stops.
    But it´s a Wip, so i will revise the "hard" reflection shader on the blend material for sure ! Thanks for noticing that. :)

2014-03-01, 21:12:01
Reply #10

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile

are the car head lamps a corona sphere light or a corona light material
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-03-01, 21:20:49
Reply #11

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

are the car head lamps a corona sphere light or a corona light material

I started the "dark" version using real world logic, so i put a tiny sphere corona light on the place of the real light bulb, but soon i realised that´s a LOT of things to do, to get it to work like in the real world. The optics evolved are too complex, it needs reflection caustics, it needs a much better and precise reflector model inside the headlight to amplify the bulb image and spread that reflection correctly. Maybe it is more possible using a CAD model from the manufacturer, but this model is just "As good as it needs", it was made for a Tv Ad Animation, and the headlights are far from precise models. (Well done, but not 1:1 with real life precision)

So, i sort of "fake it" using 2 lights, one on the bulb position and another bigger one (Directly Invisible) in front of each headlight to lit the surroundings and to apear on the reflections. The glow and flare needs to be used to wrap the "fake" better... Not totally happy with the results, but for an animation it will work. ;)

2014-03-02, 04:41:56
Reply #12

bdazo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Bruno Andrade - Arch Viz
I'm keeping an eye on this. Lookng great.

2014-03-02, 19:22:26
Reply #13

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I am testing Maru´s suggetions, and it looks to be improving the results, the specular on the car was too compressed , i am tuning it up right now and looks better. (More metalic)
    If i have better renders i will publish here. :)

2014-03-07, 18:24:06
Reply #14

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

"Shader in movement" test. I just set the render to 4min/frame and move my camera to detect some problems on shaders.