Author Topic: Large resolution VR Stereo Panorama - Split Scanline and VFB backup for Backburn  (Read 4923 times)

2020-03-07, 08:22:48

3dcorner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The 3DS Max Split Scanline not working with 360 panorama and Stereo Panaormas when Blur and Glare is used and with DR that report mismatch in received image resolution from nodes.

The idea is to render panorama partially and then connect it and apply VFB Corona post pro. That methot allow render parts of the whole frame in small portions. That save a lot of time when something goes wrong after render end when writing output file, 3ds max decide to crash in the middle or even electricity distributor want to do maintenace jobs...

The UHD Cache should be precomputed or used flicker-free option.

The best scenario for me is to send whole tour to the backburner and the BB will deal with everything to finally writing final images.

VFB backup help resume job at any point automatically. The Save and Resume manual mode work nice and it is helpful in a large and long rendering scenes but you have to do manually. Automate checks if backup is already on HDD for particular BB job and will resume the job form last VFB backup.

Tell me what do you think about spliting huge render in to smaller parts that even PCs wiht smalller amout of RAM can handle partial jobs.

PS
My main PC have 128GB of RAM and two nodes only 64GB so the nodes barely handle this scene.

Thanks
Tom

« Last Edit: 2020-03-07, 08:27:30 by 3dcorner »

2020-03-30, 15:53:11
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry, I am having trouble understanding this post, so let's try to clarify it:

The 3DS Max Split Scanline not working with 360 panorama and Stereo Panaormas when Blur and Glare is used and with DR that report mismatch in received image resolution from nodes.
- What is "3ds Max Split Scaline"? Do you mean the Backburner feature?
- What exactly do you mean by "not working"?
- Does DR always report some errors? Or only in some specific scenes/circumstances?

The idea is to render panorama partially and then connect it and apply VFB Corona post pro. That methot allow render parts of the whole frame in small portions. That save a lot of time when something goes wrong after render end when writing output file, 3ds max decide to crash in the middle or even electricity distributor want to do maintenace jobs...
So you would like to have this feature directly in Corona rather than using 3rd party render managers? They should have such feature (Backburner, Deadline, Pulze,...).

The UHD Cache should be precomputed or used flicker-free option.
You can precompute the UHD Cache and re-use it. See: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000515648

The best scenario for me is to send whole tour to the backburner and the BB will deal with everything to finally writing final images.
So does it work with BB or not? From the first sentence of this post I understood that it's not working.

VFB backup help resume job at any point automatically. The Save and Resume manual mode work nice and it is helpful in a large and long rendering scenes but you have to do manually. Automate checks if backup is already on HDD for particular BB job and will resume the job form last VFB backup.
I did not understand this part. Is it just a declaration or a request?

Tell me what do you think about spliting huge render in to smaller parts that even PCs wiht smalller amout of RAM can handle partial jobs.
Isn't this what BB does for you? (and other render managers) I just didn't understand whether it's working fine for you or not...

My main PC have 128GB of RAM and two nodes only 64GB so the nodes barely handle this scene.
Well, you simply need enough RAM to handle a scene. Rendering in strips/regions can help, but it's not a real solution. Installing more RAM or optimizing the scene would be much better.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-03-31, 17:41:52
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
- What exactly do you mean by "not working"?

Even when the OP is partially quite cryptic, have you ever tried at least once? "Not working" means that you can only choose between two different wrong results. You get the first by strip render to CXR and use CIE (the projection information gets lost). Or the second by using some "dumb" format like JPG where you get squashed B&G and artifacts.

Additionally please see
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23848.0

Oh and try to BB strip render to EXR with some render elements active and "Automatically Add/Remove Render Elements" activated and prepare for a never completing job :-(

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-03-31, 22:00:55
Reply #3

3dcorner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Frood:
I using CXR and EXR images as a render output for final images ;) JPG are only for previews and Facebook
I also don't have any problem with stiching Split Scan Lines - it is working as it should work but...

What is not working:
When you rendering 360 VR Stereo panorama and Corona VFB apply post then Bloom and Glare effect is distorted and connected on sides to get proper Bloom&Glare projecton on VR sphere. And this is working fine until you not using Split Scan Lines from BB. When BB connecting redered splited images in second pass the Corona VFB working like with ordinary image and the Bloom&Glare effect is not working for VR in that case.

Possible solution:
Use internal Corona method to divide/split large renders that will be saved to the HDD and then connected with Corona VFB without loosing information that this particular render is 360 VR Stereo panorama for Bloom&Glare Effect.
Corona or BB could detect that backup image is on drive and resume from this point similar like working "skip existing frames" in BB.

Hope it is more clear.

2020-04-01, 10:29:42
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
without loosing information that this particular render is 360 VR Stereo panorama for Bloom&Glare Effect.

This is the key. That information is already stored in the CXR usually ("camera.type" and "camera.isvrenabled" metadata). CIE is also already able to do correct B&G with that information and any CXR (even strip rendered ones) could be processed correctly. But it gets lost during the BB stitching process while it's still there in the strips themselves.

The only reasonable way to solve this (using BB+strips) may be adding the missing metadata before loading the stitched CXR into CIE or an option to manually override camera type + vr yes/no in CIE.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-04-07, 17:23:31
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Understood, investigated, reproduced, logged.

(Internal ID=490452694)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-04-07, 21:08:55
Reply #6

3dcorner

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-02-25, 11:46:45
Reply #7

Exodus009

• Users
    • View Profile

2021-02-25, 12:10:06
Reply #8

3dcorner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the meantime, I updated all nodes to 128GB of RAM ;)

Try to test this problem in spare time.

I using now Corona 7 Daily builds ;)