11 (1.9%)
Exporter Blender -> Corona standalone
112 (19.2%)
Maya
67 (11.5%)
Houdini
78 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 578

Author Topic: Which 3D soft to integrate into next?  (Read 305133 times)

2013-03-28, 18:03:52
Reply #60

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Who is talking about standalone studio? ;) That was never a plan for any application. And I don't see why would anyone want it, it is less comfortable and slower to use, and harder to implement ;).
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-30, 12:54:10
Reply #61

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I optimized my workflow for the integration of renderers in maya with a few python scripts. I used Corona as a test case and implemented the UI and basic plugin.

If you want to have a look: https://vimeo.com/62988729

Of course noting is rendered, but the basic environment is done quite fast. As soon as there will be an API, the render window will hopefully be filled with a rendered image ;)
« Last Edit: 2013-03-30, 13:06:37 by haggi »

2013-03-30, 13:51:39
Reply #62

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice.

I've decided to wait a bit longer with the API, because I will rewrite the scene description first, to make it node-based to better facilitate progressive/out of core rendering
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-30, 23:13:44
Reply #63

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fine. Would it be possible to send me an email as soon as you have a working version? I don't want to bother you with my API questions.

2013-04-04, 15:49:45
Reply #64

gootman

• Active Users
  • Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!
    • View Profile
So, can you tell to all Cinema4D comunity, will you prepare to working with Cinema4D integration?
Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!

2013-06-29, 11:31:36
Reply #65

moreschipaolo

• Users
    • View Profile
please maya version…

2013-07-10, 13:48:38
Reply #66

chilombiano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I vote maya. Not because i use maya (I'm completely agnostic when it comes to software) but because it would open a huge market/user base for Corona meaning better business which will translate in a better renderer. Maya is still the most widely used tool in film and tv broadcast and that is not changing just yet. Autodesk seem to be focusing energy into Maya first, max barely and xsi .. Xsi has a dark future ahead. Modo by itself was not doing too well but the fact that now joined forces with nuke will probably make it a bigger name in the film industry. A version of corona for modo ( hey, even for nuke! ) could be very interesting as well. It just sounds better business to focus on these platforms  first..just my opinion.

Octane is an interesting case as a renderer ( whoever said it is slow should consider a decent gpu ). It has a plugin for most 3d apps but it's functionality is really poor. It might be a good model to be everywhere and develop the tool later but it feels like neglecting a bit the core of it.

Arnold is completely the opposite. Their focus, as stated on their site, is to give the best possible support to few clients ( hence the licensing exclusivity ) first in order to grow the tool in a solid manner. And they only support xsi and maya.. These guys are aiming to film industry use mainly
Btw.. Whoever said arnold is slow for interiors should really try it more before saying that. There is more to rendering than just speed. ( arnold is damn fast overall )

I do think Corona could easily fit a bigger role than in architectural rendering or advertisement ( with all due respect to those fields ) . In the little time i've used it i found it scary close to what Arnold offers and that is a lot of ground for an alpha. If things like pmedia and exr2 ( deep data multi view ) get implemented Corona could become a really solid player in film/tv

Heck! I would even invest on it! :)

My two cents 

2013-07-11, 12:00:50
Reply #67

pixel

• Users
    • View Profile

2013-07-11, 18:17:07
Reply #68

arcvs

Yes, Max 2010 version would be great :3

It's a shame that only 10 votes for Softimage, imo best package from the list.

2013-07-14, 01:26:42
Reply #69

Ismael

2013-07-26, 19:50:53
Reply #70

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My first wish would be Houdini from far. This package lacks of renderer and Mantra is awesome, but slow... Soooooo slow. That said, unlimited render nodes though.
Every renderer got hits strengths and weakness !

Tang

2013-08-09, 19:13:06
Reply #71

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if you guys decided to go with Cinema 4D, there is a possibility to do a MAC version of Corona too?
I mostly use MAC, but windows is ok too ;P

2013-11-16, 14:30:36
Reply #72

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
removed maya and cinema, for which the connection is already being developed. You can cast your votes again.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-16, 14:36:05 by Keymaster »

2013-11-16, 20:43:32
Reply #73

teknikarsitek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i would like if sketchup can have this corona plugin .. mostly i create modelling in sketchup, and also i have do rendering with vray for sketchup too .. so, i am so happy if corona can supported in sketchup .. ^_^

2013-11-16, 21:56:08
Reply #74

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I use 3dsMax only, but from purely bussiness standpoint, I believe Sketchup to be the best contender. No one is really actively targeting amateurs well, yet they're giant group. There are more sketchup users that XSI might ever dream of.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!