Author Topic: RaySwitchMtl Respect LightMtl in 3ds Max or Bloom/Glare multiplier in LightMtl  (Read 1337 times)

2019-01-03, 18:53:53

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this request belongs here or if someone knows a workaround but below is my issue.

In the past as well as currently, there are times where I need a CoronaLightMtl to be super bright to avoid changing lighting and exposure settings everywhere else.  But when this happens, the Bloom/Glare gets decimated by this material.  A workaround I tried to do was to use a RaySwitchMtl where the Global Illumination slot utilized the super bright material but the other three - Reflection, Refraction, Direct - would use a CoronaMtl or LightMtl at a much lower intensity but doesn't emit light.  Right now the Mtl in the GI slot is still acting as if the RaySwitchMtl is not there.

The other option would be a Bloom/Glare multiplier number in the material itself so that you can modify that specific light's bloom output. For example, say I want the Bloom for said light to be 0.25x to reduce it or if you're feeling crazy 8x for really dim lights to still show up in the Bloom pass.
« Last Edit: 2019-01-10, 17:19:10 by Tannerjohnso1 »

2019-01-04, 14:31:00
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So basically you are requesting better control for bloom and glare - for example some kind of per-light bloom and glare intensity, right? We already have it logged, and it could be done at some point, but not specific plans yet.
The LightMtl+RaySwitch issues are known too, but very hard to fix.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-01-04, 16:57:57
Reply #2

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So basically you are requesting better control for bloom and glare - for example some kind of per-light bloom and glare intensity, right? We already have it logged, and it could be done at some point, but not specific plans yet.
The LightMtl+RaySwitch issues are known too, but very hard to fix.

If the RaySwitch is too difficult - which I figured might be the case - then a per-Light or LightMtl Bloom/Glare multiplier would be fantastic.

2019-01-07, 11:55:28
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
(internal note id=296119884)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us