Author Topic: Restart IR Button  (Read 1352 times)

2018-11-09, 11:53:27

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be quite nice to have a button in the vfb to restart IR rather than having to drop then go into the render context menu and select start IR. It only saves a couple of clicks but its something i find myself doing often each day.

2018-11-09, 12:29:16
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Once there was a build (telling fairy tales) where the "Render" dropdown moved the selected item on top when using it. So when selecting "Start IR" it replaced the "Render" button with "Start IR" and when selecting "Render" later, it moved the standard "Render" button on top again.

Was not bad, but meanwhile I have it on a hotkey anyway. Btw: note that there is also "Start interactive Rendering in Corona VFB" as a (single click) button in the Corona toolbar.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-11-09, 12:33:09
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Once there was a build (telling fairy tales) where the "Render" dropdown moved the selected item on top when using it. So when selecting "Start IR" it replaced the "Render" button with "Start IR" and when selecting "Render" later, it moved the standard "Render" button on top again.

Was not bad, but meanwhile I have it on a hotkey anyway. Btw: note that there is also "Start interactive Rendering in Corona VFB" as a (single click) button in the Corona toolbar.

Good Luck

I couldnt find it exposed anywhere to assign a hotkey. Have you done it via maxscript?

2018-11-09, 13:15:46
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yes, sure, it's a one-liner:

Code: [Select]
CoronaRenderer.CoronaFp.startInteractive()
As a macro (assign to keyboard or button):

Code: [Select]
macroScript CoronaStartIR
category:"YourCategoryGoesHere"
toolTip:"Start Corona IR"

(
on execute do (
CoronaRenderer.CoronaFp.startInteractive()
)
on isEnabled do (
return hasproperty renderers.current "meta_coronaVersion"
)
)

Save as -for example- "CoronaStartIR.mcr" in your usermacros directory, then assign it in Customize -> Customize User Interface.

Exposing Corona toolbar buttons was requested many times btw., I assume it will be done.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-11-09, 21:44:11
Reply #4

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I would really like to see the return of the functionality described by Frood, or a separate button for IR. At the moment I'm constantly starting a normal render when I want to start IR. Seems that something (Windows update?) has made it impossible for Corona to understand my mouse actions. Tried to change the mouse settings, but nothing helps...

So please make this more userfriendly please!