Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106485 times)

2018-11-02, 13:04:25
Reply #435

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Calculating Bloom & Glare seems to really bring my system to a standstill at the minute, I don't remember it being quite so intensive to calculate in previous builds. Is it the GPU handling this feature these days or is it still on the CPU?
Besides the NVIDIA denoiser, everything is still CPU.

2018-11-02, 13:10:27
Reply #436

Vlad_the_rant

• Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
A controllable level of denoising for AI denoising during IR is being considered but no promises...

2018-11-02, 14:00:53
Reply #437

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I would be more interested in controlable start of AI denoiser during IR, or at least in delayed denoising start by default. More often than not, denoising just after first pass, makes image into unreadable mess, but after few more passes it starts to work very well.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-11-02, 14:25:42
Reply #438

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
I read on the forum somewhere a while ago that a bloom/glare progress slider was being implemented or considered - is this still happening?

Yes, we're still planning to do that, but so far we haven't had the time to implement it.

2018-11-02, 15:01:02
Reply #439

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A controllable level of denoising for AI denoising during IR is being considered but no promises...
It would be a welcome feature

2018-11-02, 20:23:24
Reply #440

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I read on the forum somewhere a while ago that a bloom/glare progress slider was being implemented or considered - is this still happening?

Yes, we're still planning to do that, but so far we haven't had the time to implement it.

No problem, thanks for the update.

Have you had any other reports of Bloom and Glare becoming more processor intensive? I have a well-specced machine and any change to a bloom/glare option results in an unresponsive UI and very slow updates from the actual change I just made - it almost feels more like a render process than an interactive post-effect.

2018-11-03, 18:44:16
Reply #441

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please Find attached reflection error image

2018-11-05, 08:27:27
Reply #442

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,
I found out with the latest daily, that using CoronaUVWrandomiser in bump map slot is not working.
It behaves like there is no map in the slot at all.
Does anyone have the same issue?
Most likely you need to use a Corona bump converter node, as ANY form of colour correction, transformation or mixing is unsupported by the native Max bump workflow.
Update on this: CloudN9 reported that now it's working fine in V3RC4.
I've just tested this and can confirm it's working as expected (even without the bump converter).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-11-05, 08:31:18
Reply #443

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you sure this is something new in version 3 daily builds? I am pretty sure it's one of those light transport issues where dark highlights appear. It happens when using fake lights (e.g. invisible, with occlude other lights disabled, etc.). See: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516180-known-bugs-and-limitations

2018-11-05, 08:32:37
Reply #444

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Tilt & Shift not working on scene opening, I need to cycle it off and then back on everytime I open a file
This is confirmed, but most probably happening only to scenes saved with a specific daily build and then opened with a newer one.
We could not reproduce it in new scenes.
We have however logged it and will look into it.

2018-11-05, 09:38:33
Reply #445

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you sure this is something new in version 3 daily builds? I am pretty sure it's one of those light transport issues where dark highlights appear. It happens when using fake lights (e.g. invisible, with occlude other lights disabled, etc.). See: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516180-known-bugs-and-limitations

its true its because of visibility in reflection disabled as it says in the link you provided any ways
i didn't knew sorry for trouble.maybe in future you can solve this
« Last Edit: 2018-11-05, 09:45:12 by dekh15425 »

2018-11-07, 10:29:56
Reply #446

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
In latest build, render is saved to history without high quality denoising applied. Quick denoising works fine.

Just to remind - this is still broken in RC4.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-11-07, 16:47:27
Reply #447

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a "bigger" scene here - a concert hall with a lot of simple instances (about 7.500 objects, roughly 600k polys)
IR is very, very slow - starting it takes 5 to 15 seconds, moving around is impossible. It doesnt matter if i render the whole scene or just one isolated object.
I reverted back to v2 and all works as expected again. Fast and smooth.

tested in v3 rc4

2018-11-07, 16:52:54
Reply #448

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Any chance of uploading that scene? There is the private uploader - https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Having a known example, rather than trying to create a scene and hoping we replicate the problem, is always incredibly helpful for developing and bug fixing :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-11-07, 17:27:29
Reply #449

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any chance of uploading that scene? There is the private uploader - https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Having a known example, rather than trying to create a scene and hoping we replicate the problem, is always incredibly helpful for developing and bug fixing :)

I just uploaded it!