Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106517 times)

2018-10-15, 15:42:00
Reply #345

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For example if i am changing colour or distance it will not update in interactive render mode i will have to do other change like turning
on and off the light or move object to see the update something like that

Only in global volume material, or also in material applied on some node?

i only tried in scene environment global volume material

2018-10-15, 16:39:46
Reply #346

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For example if i am changing colour or distance it will not update in interactive render mode i will have to do other change like turning
on and off the light or move object to see the update something like that

Only in global volume material, or also in material applied on some node?

i only tried in scene environment global volume material

I saw this happen in v2, too, with VolumeMtl applied to an object. Sometimes, it would not update in IR on parameter or color change.

2018-10-15, 16:55:40
Reply #347

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Yeah, the "IR not restaring when global volume material is changed" bug is already fixed. Though the bugfix didn't make the cut for today's daily build candidate (currently being pushed through QA), it should be released in tomorrow's build.

2018-10-16, 10:01:56
Reply #348

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
  • CScatter
    • Rotation and scale of original instanced objects no longer affects scattered instances. Does not change old scenes unless Legacy checkbox gets unchecked.
That is so darn cool, but i noticed that if scatter has distribution map assigned, then performing transformations on instanced objects are still very slow. Could you look at this also?[/list]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-10-17, 14:14:21
Reply #349

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it good idea to calculate adaptivity after first pass? For speed up rendering for example scene with product render at white background, so you do not need to wait 5   pass to leave rays at empty white background

2018-10-17, 15:40:44
Reply #350

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Is it good idea to calculate adaptivity after first pass? For speed up rendering for example scene with product render at white background, so you do not need to wait 5   pass to leave rays at empty white background
what if you have some paper-thin object in front of the background that you didnt sample yet?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-10-17, 16:19:50
Reply #351

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A silly question: where do I turn on the new DIRECT light solver?

2018-10-17, 16:26:33
Reply #352

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A silly question: where do I turn on the new DIRECT light solver?

Render Settings, Performance Tab, Performance Settings, "New Light solver (experimental)" checkbox
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-10-17, 17:07:11
Reply #353

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-10-17, 22:05:14
Reply #354

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what if you have some paper-thin object in front of the background that you didnt sample yet?
You mean like this guy?  =)

I will rotate paper to see it, and will not render white paper at white background =)

just was rendering today big image but simple scene - tea boxes at white background and have to wait adaptivity ~5-10minutes, so i often using regions because of that, like manual adaptivity =)
« Last Edit: 2018-10-17, 22:09:48 by sprayer »

2018-10-17, 22:21:01
Reply #355

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can change how soon and how often adaptivity is recalculated. Such option is in render setup>dev/debug rollout. I often do product renderings on white or dark background and i tried to experiment with adaptivity - in the end i came to a conclesion that it's not worth it and did stick to defaults.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-10-18, 11:21:46
Reply #356

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can change how soon and how often adaptivity is recalculated. Such option is in render setup>dev/debug rollout. I often do product renderings on white or dark background and i tried to experiment with adaptivity - in the end i came to a conclesion that it's not worth it and did stick to defaults.
Yes i know, but in my experiments if it's will be too low this slowing down rendering every few passes, so i keep it by default, but wanted to  calculate first adaptivity check as soon as possible,  because  it's wasting time for empty white background in first 5 passes

2018-10-18, 13:44:46
Reply #357

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
AFAIK a solid background is sampled only for the 1st pass, and then it is not sampled if that's not needed (regardless of any adaptivity settings). Isn't it?
« Last Edit: 2018-10-18, 17:48:12 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-10-18, 16:45:28
Reply #358

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It isnt. How do you guarantee that 1/100 of the pixel is not covered by very small object/particle/...? This is unfortunately not possible...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-10-18, 17:56:03
Reply #359

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra, thanks though =)