Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106503 times)

2018-09-21, 11:11:32
Reply #270

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all,  since last night we're having some issues with DR service. The servers can't connected to the master one.
Do you guys have issues with DR as well? I installed yesterday the latest build.

Thanks!

Dionysios -

I am also having issues as described.

I stated a thread about this, but no help so far: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=21773.msg134299#msg134299

Thanks for the feedback, our DR Servers work really bad the last 2 days.
I'll try the new yesterday build but don't know if something is changed on the DR side from the Dev team.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-09-21, 15:01:42
Reply #271

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Just curious about the autobump.  Is this a new feature?

Thanks,
Daniel

Same question, any details about the auto bump? Is something completely automatic? Nothing to set?

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-09-21, 15:04:16
Reply #272

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Just curious about the autobump.  Is this a new feature?

Thanks,
Daniel

Same question, any details about the auto bump? Is something completely automatic? Nothing to set?

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Found the answer by myself.  :)
The setting is under the Development/Experimental stuff!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-09-21, 15:22:19
Reply #273

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
The idea of auto-bump is pretty simple actually. The displacement tesselation is usually too low to capture the fine details in the displacement map. So any details which don't make the cut into displacement are additionally used on top of it as a bump map. The result is much higher quality with the same geometry (or the same result with using coarser displacement than before).

Yeah, it's enabled by default and you can disable it under devel settings, but why would you want to do that? ;)

2018-09-21, 15:59:05
Reply #274

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
The idea of auto-bump is pretty simple actually. The displacement tesselation is usually too low to capture the fine details in the displacement map. So any details which don't make the cut into displacement are additionally used on top of it as a bump map. The result is much higher quality with the same geometry (or the same result with using coarser displacement than before).

Thanks for the explanation!

[/quote]Yeah, it's enabled by default and you can disable it under devel settings, but why would you want to do that? ;)[/quote]

As a captain of my ship, I prefer to know any command and secret of my weapons! :D

2018-09-21, 16:06:17
Reply #275

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually, a good reason for having the option to disable it is if you need to re-render (a part of) an older job you may have to make sure displacement doesn't look different.

2018-09-23, 06:56:25
Reply #276

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually, a good reason for having the option to disable it is if you need to re-render (a part of) an older job you may have to make sure displacement doesn't look different.
or do it like me every time I am asked to redo a project I make it look better lol

2018-09-23, 11:59:54
Reply #277

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Very small thing - "online denoising" in VFB stats tab, sounds kinda strange to me, maybe it would be better to call it "live denoising", "real-time denoising" or something similar?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-09-24, 13:35:46
Reply #278

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Very small thing - "online denoising" in VFB stats tab, sounds kinda strange to me, maybe it would be better to call it "live denoising", "real-time denoising" or something similar?
Thanks, reported. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-09-24, 14:55:36
Reply #279

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
So, autobump... i ran a quick test and found couple issues. First of all, it seems that render with autobump ON, actually looks significantly worse than with autobump OFF. Look at the attached images, it looks like autobump somehow flattens displacement and makes it look more dull. And it makes no improvement in background at all.

Second issue - autobump toggle is buggy. Sometimes the image renders the same, no matter autobump state and only after you make some adjustments in render settings, like changing resolution back and forth, it starts rendering with difference. That issue makes me doubt if my conclusions about autobump quality is right - maybe autobump state in my renders actually is reversed? It would be best to compare it with previous build, but at the moment i don't have time for this.

2018-09-24, 15:02:50
Reply #280

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That's curious, as I prefer your images with Autobump on - there is more grit and detail in those (the intended result) vs the off versions, which are smoother and to my mind less detailed.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-09-24, 15:07:21
Reply #281

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That's strange, autobump should not change the render this way. Can you share the scene?

2018-09-24, 15:10:26
Reply #282

gpz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
i'm using daily build. I found that interactive is Extremely slow to show the image.

2018-09-24, 15:14:33
Reply #283

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's strange, autobump should not change the render this way. Can you share the scene?

Done!

1537794812_autobump-test.7z

2018-09-24, 15:44:14
Reply #284

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
My guess is that autobump makes the reflections more glossy by varying the normal a lot (which is how glossy reflections happen in reality)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)