Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106548 times)

2018-09-17, 18:44:23
Reply #240

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio
could someone clarify the benefit of GPU denoising? I made some test and I realised that the render time is quite similar if I want to have the same result with corona denoiser. I have 1070ti vga card, and do you think I can reduce the render time if I upgrade to 1080ti or sli 1080ti

2018-09-17, 18:45:44
Reply #241

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
So the current daily is stable for now and can be used in production ?

I'm pretty sure the official line for using daily builds is that they should *never* be used in production, always at your own risk.

2018-09-17, 19:02:32
Reply #242

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
could someone clarify the benefit of GPU denoising? I made some test and I realised that the render time is quite similar if I want to have the same result with corona denoiser. I have 1070ti vga card, and do you think I can reduce the render time if I upgrade to 1080ti or sli 1080ti

I am little bit confused by your use. The benefit of Optix is that it's nearly instant. So for 2k image, Optix will take 20ms (miliseconds, really) to denoise the whole things, while Corona would take about 20 seconds ? I don't know. But more importantly, the Optix can thus function during interactive rendering where it is constantly denoising what you actually see, making the process of iteration much faster.

It can be used for denoising of "final" frames (opposed of interactive), and I am using the term loosely here, if you want for example super quick animation preview. Optix will literally not add any time at all for quick 2k res animation. Render 4-5 passes, let Optix denoise it and enjoy very crude..but very fast preview.

( I really don't know what's happening with those noise percentages but I didn't even know Optix could somehow alter it ?)
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-09-17, 19:24:14
Reply #243

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

try different % of blending, it gives proper results already at 10% with .8 blending
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2018-09-17, 21:11:48
Reply #244

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I'm currently rendering out 1100 frames of an animation sequence

My renders only take 2 minutes per frame on my new ThreadRipper 2990WX, if my nodes could join in without having to unnecessarily download xrefs on every single frame then they would be able to join in and speed up my rendering further.

Apart from any possible issues with asset handling in v3 DBs, I would suggest to stay away from DR for animation frames. Pipe the frames through Backburner/Deadline instead (1 frame/node) and link your Xrefs (and all other assets) directly to the network source.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-09-17, 22:12:25
Reply #245

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Amdahl's law in practice - you made part of the process that takes 10% time 1000x or more faster. In the end, the runtime got just 10% lower ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-09-17, 23:36:02
Reply #246

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm currently rendering out 1100 frames of an animation sequence

My renders only take 2 minutes per frame on my new ThreadRipper 2990WX, if my nodes could join in without having to unnecessarily download xrefs on every single frame then they would be able to join in and speed up my rendering further.

Apart from any possible issues with asset handling in v3 DBs, I would suggest to stay away from DR for animation frames. Pipe the frames through Backburner/Deadline instead (1 frame/node) and link your Xrefs (and all other assets) directly to the network source.

Good Luck

Thanks Frood, backburner is my normal workflow as I move to final stages but whilst I'm just testing a section of the animation I was hoping to avoid needing to split up the sequence over the different nodes. Mainly because I'm loading all of the output images straight into after effects as soon as they have saved. This way I can scrub through and ensure nothing is wrong, it's a lot quicker if they are rendering in order rather than waiting for the entire thing to finish. Also, I can begin to composite much sooner working this way.

Until I get an answer from the developers as to why the xrefs are being downloaded each frame I guess I'll revert back to backburner - thanks for the input ;)

2018-09-18, 04:45:15
Reply #247

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio

I am little bit confused by your use. The benefit of Optix is that it's nearly instant. So for 2k image, Optix will take 20ms (miliseconds, really) to denoise the whole things, while Corona would take about 20 seconds ? I don't know. But more importantly, the Optix can thus function during interactive rendering where it is constantly denoising what you actually see, making the process of iteration much faster.

It can be used for denoising of "final" frames (opposed of interactive), and I am using the term loosely here, if you want for example super quick animation preview. Optix will literally not add any time at all for quick 2k res animation. Render 4-5 passes, let Optix denoise it and enjoy very crude..but very fast preview.

( I really don't know what's happening with those noise percentages but I didn't even know Optix could somehow alter it ?)
thank you, I think I was wrong. I expected it could do more than that, something like vray hybrid render :)

2018-09-18, 08:09:46
Reply #248

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization

try different % of blending, it gives proper results already at 10% with .8 blending

is this already possible? to blend AI denoiser and Corona?

2018-09-18, 10:53:24
Reply #249

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Same issue, standard ethernet LAN. Additonally I upgraded the LicenseServer and it cannot be found by the nodes - fatal :) Somehow it looks to me like broken subnet broadcasts.

Careful everyone, I have to un-strikethrough this. There are definitely issues, not sure what's happening and when.

Good Luck

2018-09-18, 11:20:46
Reply #250

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
All-clear now. On the machine running the license server I got a wxWidgetes Debug Alert box and it was hidden because it's running as another user. Copied dlls from dailies again, now it's working.

Good Luck

2018-09-18, 11:56:07
Reply #251

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
btw. manually copying the dlls again also fixed this

Hi, search lan on distribute render not working, could not find any computer

... and the missing memory information in DR tab.

Good Luck

2018-09-18, 16:21:31
Reply #252

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

is this already possible? to blend AI denoiser and Corona?

I ment set denoiser blending to .8 not blend two denoised resuts, its pointless ofk.

2018-09-19, 11:25:24
Reply #253

Dung (Ivan)

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
btw. manually copying the dlls again also fixed this

Hi, search lan on distribute render not working, could not find any computer

... and the missing memory information in DR tab.

Good Luck

So it was some weird installer issue that didn't install required dlls correctly?

2018-09-19, 12:11:26
Reply #254

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tested new build, confirm that it is not crashing any more.