Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106493 times)

2018-09-04, 10:03:29
Reply #180

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all, Is 3.0 daily build backward compatible with 2.0? I want to install daily build version on my computer at home to test Gpu denoising

It is.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2018-09-04, 18:41:01
Reply #181

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, search lan on distribute render not working, could not find any computer

2018-09-05, 10:06:04
Reply #182

zavikus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone) I found a different bug with ai denoiser in my test animation rendering. it happened at 55 frame. Some  lightmix passes are showing the renders with some artifacts another are black.
i've attached screenshots.
i think that will be a helpful for corona teem)

Kuch, I have bug with light dots too. Looks like this bug is combine of New Light sampler and AI denoiser. When New light sampler is off - this problem not occure. But when I use corona denoiser with New light sampler this problem gone too.
« Last Edit: 2018-09-05, 13:33:43 by zavikus »

2018-09-05, 23:34:50
Reply #183

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone) I found a different bug with ai denoiser in my test animation rendering. it happened at 55 frame. Some  lightmix passes are showing the renders with some artifacts another are black.
i've attached screenshots.
i think that will be a helpful for corona teem)

Kuch, I have bug with light dots too. Looks like this bug is combine of New Light sampler and AI denoiser. When New light sampler is off - this problem not occure. But when I use corona denoiser with New light sampler this problem gone too.
the "new" light sampler has been crashing and artifacting for a year now. better stay off it for production.

2018-09-06, 03:51:59
Reply #184

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
the "new" light sampler has been crashing and artifacting for a year now. better stay off it for production.

Not for me, it's been perfectly fine to use.

2018-09-06, 09:59:30
Reply #185

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I also thought it was perfectly fine to use until I checked my high-res rendering weeks later and found those "square" artifacts all over in shadowed places...

Now I am basically scared to use it, it never crashes for me but I can't afford random artifact here and there. I know some of this was solved so perhaps I should check again.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-09-06, 14:24:22
Reply #186

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
[The below statement is about the new light solver in Corona v2, not the one in the v3 daily builds]
The "new light solver" in its current form is bound to produce artifacts in specific situations. I would not use it, unless you are 100% sure it works fine in your scene.
We are however working on it, and would love to make it 100% production ready for the V3 release.

As to "new light solver + ai denoising" artifacts, we have already received 2 solid reports and managed to reproduce this, and we are looking into it as a critical issue, so it should be fixed soon, but the more scenes you can provide, the better. You can use https://corona-renderer.com/upload and either let us know about the file name here on the forum, or contact us through https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Thanks!
[The avove statement is about the new light solver in Corona v2, not the one in the v3 daily builds]
« Last Edit: 2018-09-12, 10:50:56 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-09-06, 21:30:56
Reply #187

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
hello.
I found a problem with rendering 360 panorama in 6000x3000 resolution.
after 4 pass 3ds max crashed.
using 3ds max 2016 corona DB Corona_2018-08-30.exe with active nvidia denoiser.

I believe that the current best practice is to only use the new nvidia denoiser for IR, not for main renders, and especially not for full-res renders.

The new denoiser can produce acceptable animation results with incredibly fast render times. I'm finding some materials, (Siger SS2metal) w/ the fine bump and reflection maps do not animate well. However, most materials Optix denoises quickly.

Corona Sharpening/Motion Blur while rendering and video editing MB effects are key to producing decent results. 
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2018-09-06, 23:01:55
Reply #188

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have found another error, when corona render is on distribute mode you cant use nay of those machines to work on 3dsmax, as soon as you open a max  instance the machine gives connection error.

2018-09-07, 13:23:22
Reply #189

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We have found another error, when corona render is on distribute mode you cant use nay of those machines to work on 3dsmax, as soon as you open a max  instance the machine gives connection error.
Do you mean that when a slave is rendering through DR (drserver is running), you cannot run 3ds Max on that slave? Or is it something else?
Can you show us this error message?

2018-09-07, 21:55:30
Reply #190

pietro3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HI, there is a bug when render with 3ds Batch Render and CoronaCameraResolutionModifier. It don't change resolution for each CoronaCamera, it keep the first (for example at 800x600) and render other at same resolution (800x600) but in CameraResMod I used other resolution.

2018-09-08, 12:19:22
Reply #191

kuch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!
Found another bug when  I bake  all lights from lightmix to scene.

2018-09-10, 13:32:40
Reply #192

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello!
Found another bug when  I bake  all lights from lightmix to scene.
How is your environment light made? Can you share the scene with us? https://corona-renderer.com/upload

HI, there is a bug when render with 3ds Batch Render and CoronaCameraResolutionModifier. It don't change resolution for each CoronaCamera, it keep the first (for example at 800x600) and render other at same resolution (800x600) but in CameraResMod I used other resolution.
What is CoronaCameraResolutionModifier? It's definitely not a native Corona modifier.

2018-09-10, 14:08:25
Reply #193

Alina Hramyka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
something is very weird with the process priority in the  Corona 3 beta

Production render freezes my PC - I  experience even mouse cursor lag - it makes difficult and sometimes not possible even to cancel the render

I tried to change 3dsmax priority with the Process Explorer which usually helped, but not with the latest beta

-1 tread in System settings not helping for the heave scenes and again not possible to cancel the render - max freeze with the 12% load (1 thread)

2018-09-10, 14:23:49
Reply #194

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
something is very weird with the process priority in the  Corona 3 beta

Production render freezes my PC - I  experience even mouse cursor lag - it makes difficult and sometimes not possible even to cancel the render

I tried to change 3dsmax priority with the Process Explorer which usually helped, but not with the latest beta

-1 tread in System settings not helping for the heave scenes and again not possible to cancel the render - max freeze with the 12% load (1 thread)

Are you using the AI denoiser by any chance?