Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106495 times)

2018-08-30, 15:58:04
Reply #165

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does today’s release address any of the bugs causing crashes?  I don’t see it listed in the changelog so I thought I’d ask before trying it.

Thanks!
Daniel

2018-08-30, 16:55:23
Reply #166

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Not yet. We're still investigating some of the crashes. We're a bit short-handed right now due to vacations, unfortunately.

2018-08-30, 17:04:23
Reply #167

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all.

As for Nvidia Denoiser I noticed something weird by using Backburner:

- The scene is sent to Backburner.
- The server which has an Nvidia GPU starts to render and after a few seconds the AI Denoiser starts to do it's magic job.
- Once the noise level is achieved Corona saves succesfully the CXR image but once opened there is no sign of the AI Denoised result. I see the original beauty one and that's it.

So in conclusion, if a job is sent to Backburner, AI Denoise works during the rendering process but the denoised result is not saved automatically at the end of the job.
Is this a bug???

Then, is it possible tecnically to have the AI Denoiser incorporated in the Corona Image Editor as well? Would be so cool!!!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-08-30, 17:08:33
Reply #168

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all.

- The server which has an Nvidia GPU starts to render and after a few seconds the AI Denoiser starts to do it's magic job.
- Once the noise level is achieved Corona saves succesfully the CXR image but once opened there is no sign of the AI Denoised result. I see the original beauty one and that's it.

So in conclusion, if a job is sent to Backburner, AI Denoise works during the rendering process but the denoised result is not saved automatically at the end of the job.
Is this a bug???

Then, is it possible tecnically to have the AI Denoiser incorporated in the Corona Image Editor as well? Would be so cool!!!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

UPDATE

The problem seems to be when saving automatically in Corona CRX file.
I think we have a bug here.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-08-30, 17:13:27
Reply #169

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all.

Is this a bug???

Thanks,

Dionysios -

UPDATE

The problem seems to be when saving automatically in Corona CRX file.
I think we have a bug here.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2nd UPDATE

I confirm that even locally (not Backburner job) Corona doesn't save the AI Denoise result throught the CXR file.

Thanks again,

Dionysios -

2018-08-31, 19:56:00
Reply #170

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not yet. We're still investigating some of the crashes. We're a bit short-handed right now due to vacations, unfortunately.

No worries, thanks for the update.

2018-08-31, 23:56:53
Reply #171

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very strange behavior of reflection glossiness /DB 30/2018

ps// without any denoiser filter
« Last Edit: 2018-09-01, 15:22:55 by denisgo22 »

2018-09-01, 15:16:38
Reply #172

kuch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone) I found a different bug with ai denoiser in my test animation rendering. it happened at 55 frame. Some  lightmix passes are showing the renders with some artifacts another are black.
i've attached screenshots.
i think that will be a helpful for corona teem)

2018-09-01, 15:34:10
Reply #173

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I saw this issue in old corona versions too and was curious why is so much difference between 0.99-1 glossiness

2018-09-01, 15:44:32
Reply #174

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I saw this issue in old corona versions too and was curious why is so much difference between 0.99-1 glossiness
This is not only large difference, this some kind of shifting reflections, look like changing IOR settings instead simple gloss effect:)

2018-09-01, 15:49:57
Reply #175

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is not only large difference, this some kind of shifting reflections, look like changing IOR settings instead simple gloss effect:)
Yes,  but in some case it's even effect transparency of object if you just changing glossiness at reflection, for example if you rendering a bottle with liquid and adjusting only glass, this is really odd behavior.

2018-09-03, 13:30:18
Reply #176

kuch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello.
I found a problem with rendering 360 panorama in 6000x3000 resolution.
after 4 pass 3ds max crashed.
using 3ds max 2016 corona DB Corona_2018-08-30.exe with active nvidia denoiser.

2018-09-03, 15:58:03
Reply #177

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a question specifically for v3 - will the OpenVDB limitations be worked on, and will CIE finally get 16 bit TIF output? I can't see much for v3 as of now and I'm a bit afraid that some long promised stuff won't make it again.

2018-09-03, 17:22:11
Reply #178

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
hello.
I found a problem with rendering 360 panorama in 6000x3000 resolution.
after 4 pass 3ds max crashed.
using 3ds max 2016 corona DB Corona_2018-08-30.exe with active nvidia denoiser.

I believe that the current best practice is to only use the new nvidia denoiser for IR, not for main renders, and especially not for full-res renders.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-09-04, 06:14:34
Reply #179

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio
Hi all, Is 3.0 daily build backward compatible with 2.0? I want to install daily build version on my computer at home to test Gpu denoising