Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106241 times)

2018-08-13, 15:31:02
Reply #75

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This crashes are getting realy anoying. I am rolling back to stable version.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2018-08-14, 01:16:59
Reply #76

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Been following this thread; after installing then reinstalling Corona_2018-08-09.exe (w/ custom install ) and Denoising checked, I'm still getting the "optix.51.dll was not found" CoronaImage .exe-System error. Is there a way to manually correct this?
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2018-08-14, 01:54:15
Reply #77

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Noah

reinstall this version of corona and go to CUSTOM - and then ensure you tick the check box for NVIDIA denoiser
Been following this thread; after installing then reinstalling Corona_2018-08-09.exe (w/ custom install ) and Denoising checked, I'm still getting the "optix.51.dll was not found" CoronaImage .exe-System error. Is there a way to manually correct this?

2018-08-14, 02:04:26
Reply #78

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I can get optix to work fine in interactive, with per frame denoising, but when I try to render normally, so not interactive I get this error and odd stripes across my image.

OptiX denoiser reported an error.

Memory allocation failed (Details: Function "_rtCommandListExecute" caught exception: Out of memory)

Also if I set the blend to anything  but 0 or 1, so like 0.5 the image breaks into odd offset sections.

2018-08-14, 02:22:25
Reply #79

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bug 1 - it applies the NVIDIA denoising even if i dont have it activated in the settings.
Bug 2 - DR doesnt work.

2018-08-14, 09:53:57
Reply #80

Dung (Ivan)

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I can get optix to work fine in interactive, with per frame denoising, but when I try to render normally, so not interactive I get this error and odd stripes across my image.

OptiX denoiser reported an error.

Memory allocation failed (Details: Function "_rtCommandListExecute" caught exception: Out of memory)

Also if I set the blend to anything  but 0 or 1, so like 0.5 the image breaks into odd offset sections.

Hi, we vare already working on a fix for CoronaImage.exe. Workaround for now is to manually copy optix dll next to CoronaImage.exe

2018-08-14, 10:07:59
Reply #81

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When is aproximate date of next build? I will try to ajust my time to have some for testing and reporting.

2018-08-15, 00:32:03
Reply #82

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, guys, I had the opportunity the other day to test the new daily build at the office and I didn't notice much difference between Corona Denoiser on CPU (dual 2696v3) and Nvidia Denoiser on my K1200 ("denoise during render" enabled of course).

It seemed faster on CPU than on my current GPU. Would I feel that much difference if I bought a 1080Ti or I shouldn't even bother with it and just stick with Corona Denoiser and CPU combo?

2018-08-15, 00:38:52
Reply #83

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, guys, I had the opportunity the other day to test the new daily build at the office and I didn't notice much difference between Corona Denoiser on CPU (dual 2696v3) and Nvidia Denoiser on my K1200 ("denoise during render" enabled of course).

It seemed faster on CPU than on my current GPU. Would I feel that much difference if I bought a 1080Ti or I shouldn't even bother with it and just stick with Corona Denoiser and CPU combo?

I have a K2200D at work and it's useless.
For sure 1080TI is much better. It's like comparing a paper weight to a graphics card.

2018-08-15, 01:31:15
Reply #84

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Wouldn't it be crazy, if we could  save a 5- 8 min 4Kframe optix denoised IR, in sequence?

the artifacts would be too severe to animate?

« Last Edit: 2018-08-15, 02:50:02 by Noah45 »

2018-08-15, 01:34:12
Reply #85

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
or just wait for cloud action

2018-08-15, 05:35:31
Reply #86

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I have a K2200D at work and it's useless.
For sure 1080TI is much better. It's like comparing a paper weight to a graphics card.

I just use a 1080 Ti so I can’t contrast it to another card, but I’d agree it’s super fast.  I had sort of debated the wisdom of buying that card since I do mostly CPU rendering these days but now I’m stoked.  Same deal using Optix on VRay Next.  I will say on a 6k image I ran out of VRam, which generated an Optix error.  But that was during the Next beta days so things might have improved.

2018-08-15, 08:39:26
Reply #87

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
When is aproximate date of next build? I will try to ajust my time to have some for testing and reporting.

We hope to have a new build prepared today (might be later in the evening as usual). Unless of course we introduced more bugs than we managed to fix, in which case we would have to fix those as well :)

I'm on 1050 in the office and the denoising time in IR (at the default 640x480 resolution) is something like 50 ms, so it's pretty much interactive (though not fully real-time).

Wouldn't it be crazy, if we could  save a 5- 8 min 4Kframe optix denoised IR, in sequence?

the artifacts would be too severe to animate?

Beware that NVIDIA itself says that this denoiser is not good for animations. Sorry, we kinda forgot to add that info to the denoising mode tooltip (will be fixed in next build).

2018-08-15, 13:32:57
Reply #88

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Beware that NVIDIA itself says that this denoiser is not good for animations. Sorry, we kinda forgot to add that info to the denoising mode tooltip (will be fixed in next build).

By the way, there was a moment in this presentation on SIGGRAPH when they said that pixar used AI denoiser in *fiding dorry*

https://www.ustream.tv/NVIDIA - He is speaking about it at 7:00-7:30

2018-08-15, 13:39:49
Reply #89

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
By the way, there was a moment in this presentation on SIGGRAPH when they said that pixar used AI denoiser in *fiding dorry*

https://www.ustream.tv/NVIDIA - He is speaking about it at 7:00-7:30

Funny, but i've heard "they created AI based denoising" ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures