Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 105574 times)

2018-08-12, 16:36:19
Reply #60

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Tho trough all the bug struggle the result is amazing i got proper looking 1920x1440 image in 10 mins of render with 10% of noise on it.

Amazing speed wise yes, i agree on that, but image quality leaves much to be desired - i see so many artifacts in your last example. On its own, optix denoising is great, but it's nowhere near to the quality of Corona denoiser. I wouldn't risk to use new denoiser on final images yet.

I think it could be better if i had let it do more pases (reasanoble amount of them 5-7% atleast). But the max blown out when i had put 4k to render with all the light mixers and stuf and i havent recived any result so if anyone have something better than 1050Ti or 960 it would be nice if we could have 4k *real thing* test image with that new denoiser.

PS - It looks like i just dont have enough resource to make proper testing X_x
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2018-08-12, 20:57:44
Reply #61

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
With latest build, i'm experiencing repeating crashes 20-30 minutes into rendering. In all ocasions AI denoiser was running, although i don't know if it has something to do with crashes.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-08-12, 22:08:30
Reply #62

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
4K Test

2018-08-12, 22:23:00
Reply #63

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
4K Test

Well that is looking good. Wich GPU did you used?

2018-08-12, 22:36:09
Reply #64

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-08-12, 23:35:26
Reply #65

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Not bad indeed, but why so many jaggies everywhere? How many passes did you run? Would be interesting to see the same image rendered with Corona denoiser for comparison.

2018-08-13, 00:04:37
Reply #66

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not bad indeed, but why so many jaggies everywhere? How many passes did you run? Would be interesting to see the same image rendered with Corona denoiser for comparison.

64 passes

2018-08-13, 00:08:56
Reply #67

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile

64 passes

can you put a little region on jagged edges. i have rendered with blackman harris with width pixle of value 1 maybe thats why.

2018-08-13, 02:17:21
Reply #68

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With latest build, i'm experiencing repeating crashes 20-30 minutes into rendering. In all ocasions AI denoiser was running, although i don't know if it has something to do with crashes.

I would really check your GPU temp and see if it overheats!

2018-08-13, 03:59:35
Reply #69

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
4K Test At 12 Passes Render Time 14:13 mins 28m Polys 1070 gpu 14.52% Noise Level AI Denoiser Value 1
« Last Edit: 2018-08-13, 05:03:48 by dekh15425 »

2018-08-13, 06:31:25
Reply #70

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm having problems where some DR nodes are not rendering with Nvidia denoiser, and it is the same nodes. they go into a parsing then restart after parsing.

2018-08-13, 07:35:29
Reply #71

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
It gives me error sign for missing optix dll.

Hi Danio, the install is an option in the Corona installer, you'll need to use Custom and enable it :) It's off by default. It should then install all NVIDIA Optix stuff that you need. Be sure drivers are up to date as well.

Thanks! Now it works.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2018-08-13, 08:44:54
Reply #72

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
The NVIDIA AI denoiser is basically a black box that we're feeding with data on one side and a denoised image falls out of the other side. There's very little we can change about it, so this new option is basically "take it or leave it." We can however experiment a bit with the kind of data we're feeding it and also tune the blending factor between the original and the denoised image.

TBH we never originally intended the NVIDIA AI denoiser to be used for the production rendering. The only reason it is even included in the production rendering option is because we thought people might be interested in comparing it to the old denoiser.

Beware that NVIDIA documentation explicitly says that this denoiser is not suitable for animations. We kinda forgot to add that to the denoising mode tooltip (will be fixed in next daily).

Thanks for all the bug reports. We'll try to fix as much of them as possible for the next daily build.

Is it possible to expose some controls for new denoising?

The only thing we could expose is the blending factor between the original image and the denoised one. There are however some UI/UX problems how to expose this without causing more confusion/clutter to the UI. We hope to be able to settle on some "good enough for everybody" blending factor for IR denoising, so that we would not have to introduce new settings just for that.

minidump(s)?

2018-08-13, 10:00:17
Reply #73

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3ds max keeps crashing on render end with batchrender.

I am attaching minidump below.

PS - Forgot to mention, it looks like it is not AI denoiser related because i disaibeled all of the denoising after pre last crash and yes i tryed to debug it but failed. Absolutely no idea how it happens.

UPD - It is not batch render related too. I just had a crash on regular render.

UPD2 - I have set pases limit to 15 and chrash disapeard. Probably it was crashing on adaptifity recalc at some point somwhere around 5% i can share scene if needed.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-13, 13:08:00 by Nekrobul »

2018-08-13, 10:14:22
Reply #74

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
minidump(s)?

Ah yeah, sorry, the last time i had Corona related crash, was so long time ago, that i completely forgot how to properly report it :] There will be minidump from me, after next crash.